macOS OSMC installer has been broken for years

I missed a step in the process but this has been rectified and your guide is now displaying in the wiki.

Thanks! I’ve updated my PR - looking forward to reviews.

PS @darwindesign - I can access the article via this link, but the article it is not listed in the list at Wiki - OSMC Can you please have a look?

It is there. If you are not seeing it then it is pulling up from cache on your end. I checked before I posted that I fixed my error.

Ah, you’re absolutely right - it was cache. Sorry about that

Big Sur has been out for some while. Could you please review my PR? It has been open for a few weeks now. Thanks

Hey @sam_nazarko ! As suggested by you, I invested my time and created a PR. Unfortunately, it has been sitting open for months being ignored by you. Could you please review it and merge it?

1 Like

These instructions should not be needed – as the installer is working as expected (tested on MacBook 12" late 2016, running macOS Big Sur) with top of tree.

As the installer functions, the tutorial should not be necessary.

I appreciate you taking the time to write the tutorial – if future versions of macOS break things, it will definitely be instated while we wait for a solution

Sam

Ah, I see! My bad - thanks for the explanation. I apologize for the disturbance and have closed the PR.

1 Like

Doesn’t appear to be working on macOS Monterey

I know that @Tom_Doyle was in the process of setting up a macOS system so we could update the installer.

Commits need tidying, but I struggle with git.

Regards Tom.

Should get a MacBook back in my hands in a few days

1 Like