Major audio drop outs since updating to October 2020

Hi, last night I updated to the latest OSMC version. Since then I keep getting major audio stuttering on both local files and streams. I did have Adjust Display set to start/stop; I tried changing that to Always, but it hasn’t helped. Here is my log, in this example all I did was try playing an episode of Only Fools And Horses, and the audio keeps dipping every few seconds. It looks like it keeps losing connection to ALSA, or something. This definitely didn’t happen on the June release:

https://paste.osmc.tv/owagovogij

Thanks.

Yes it does. It might help to find out first what’s the problem with service.vpn.manager and (?) other stuff that’s producing that logspam. It may not be related but it doesn’t make reading the logs very easy :smiley:

Yeah, I decided the move to Buster was a good opportunity to just clear out the rubbish and start from scratch. I reimaged the internal storage with the latest update and now my audio is back to normal. Don’t know what’s going on with Zomboided VPN Manager but I’m installing that next.

Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to look through that hellscape of a log, lol!

1 Like