Major problems with the March update

It would be good if you could capture logs of that with the new build I have pushed. Your logs haven’t shown any dropouts so far and I’ve got no feedback based on the build produced a few hours earlier.

I would focus on resolving the other issue first.
Did you copy your Kodi userdata over or is this fresh?

This reads a bit like apples and oranges — I’m not sure how this will be relevant, unless you aren’t playing any 4K content on the Vero (obviously you can’t on the Pi) are using the same cables and have the same video mode output (pixel clock and VIC) , same adjust refresh rate setting, same Kodi settings, same HDMI cables connected to the same ports on the AVR and TV.

I assume it’s still the case that if your AVR is removed, the problem goes away.

it’s as apples-to-apples as I can get it. I remove the Vero, connect the Pi to the same HDMI cable and hence input on the AVR, all Kodi settings accessible via the GUI are the same. Will follow with a log from the test build on a Vero.

If you can cover the other points too, that will be good.
Failing that – you remark that it works on January build. We could upgrade January piece by piece to March and see what happens

Sam

Here is a log from a V4K+ on 4.9 kernel running the test download. I went through the same stop/start sequence as per a few posts before, this time the blank screen event happened sooner in the sequence (it tends to be a bit random)

Avengers start/stop - ok
Live TV start/stop - ok
DS9 start - ok
DS9 stop - blank screen, changing the AVR to another source and then back to the vero recovers the display.

https://paste.osmc.tv/ulenoxagum

The Movie posters are not related to your other issues and if you actually check the entries in the logs that look like this…

GetImageHash - unable to stat url http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/bEIjH6GroeWaBkn6o7MVpMNbuyw.jpg

You will find they are all dead links. Something happened to a bunch of artwork at themoviedb a while back (I don’t know when or what) and there seems to be a lot of art that either went MIA or had its url changed. The Kodi db stores urls from this site when it scrapes the show then it caches the prefered images locally (which is what your RPi is currently using) and if you ever lose that local copy it grabs a new one from the url in the db. If the url goes 404 on a poster or fanart Kodi has no method for automatically updating its artwork url list (would be a nice feature though). TV shows are a bit different as episodes are displaying thumbnails normally and if they are not present from the online source Kodi default options allow for them to be automatically generated from your actual files.

What I would recommend would be change content on your movie source/s and set them to none and then click OK. It will ask if you want to remove these files from your library. If you want preserve your watched status you need to say NO. Context menu back over this same source, select set content, and then setup your scraper as it was before and hit OK again. This time it will ask if you want to scan or refresh or something and say yes. This should update all your movies, including their artwork url’s, but preserve watched status. This is assuming your not using NFO files. If you are then they need to be updated with working paths or deleted prior to refreshing your library.

@darwindesign, you are an absolute star. Thanks for such detailed instructions, you nailed it with the movie poster issue.

1 Like

@ac16161 Please:

• Change GUI to 1080p60hz
  • Enable HPD Lock under Settings -> Display

Reboot.

GUI was already set as advised, unfortunately HDMI HPD lock has not fixed the blank screen events.

Your log shows the GUI running at 49.95Hz, which is odd and could explain some issues.

You could change it to 1080p24 or something as a quick test.

When I boot the blue OSMC screen triggers a 50Hz notice on the TV, then when the Kodi GUI appears it switches to 60.

for giggles, can you post cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/vesa_cap please?

returns precisely nothing.

osmc@V4Kplus:~$ cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/vesa_cap
osmc@V4Kplus:~$

Was the TV and AVR on and on the right source when you ran this?

yes

I need to re-read over your thread and see what we’ve tried and see what the next steps are.

Can you go into display settings, set the resolution to something else, accept that, then set it back to 1080p60. Just a thought.

the cat command still gives nothing. I have previously adjusted the GUI refresh rate in case that would help with the blank screen problems, and it never has.

It wasn’t for that, but to clear that bit in your log that refers to 1080p24.9Hz or was it 49.9Hz? It shouldn’t happen!

I think we saw this on 4.9 when Mali was playing some tricks. But not 3.14.

I just installed January OSMC on a Vero that had previously been running 4.9. There are no blank screen issues at all, it’s solid. I assumed the command posted above would give something useful, is it not valid on 3.14?

osmc@osmc:~$ cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/vesa_cap
cat: /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/vesa_cap: No such file or directory
osmc@osmc:~$