Makemkv + compiling for osmc

Ok so my requirements and desire to use MakeMKV on my Vero4k is so that I can watch Blurays on my Kodi box without having to worry about whether or not they can be decrypted.

Currently I have a tmdbhelper player file setup and I will “Play from Bluray” which creates the correct movie information and then will play the disc with the art/info/correct scrobbles etc.

If it doesnt decrypt I will play a bluray which does, and let Kodi do the scrobbling and then watch the actual bluray I want to watch on my samsung bluray player.

But I’d much rather know I can just always use Kodi and would only need to fall back to the full bluray player when I need menus. Also its a BDXL drive which could possibly support UHD Bluray.

I was able to get Makemkv to compile and get the correct libs installed (which needed to compile a separate version on a PiOS Buster 2021 64Bit image) as per the post I linked to.
But it can’t recognize the disk because it cant read it using the SG module.

Compiled as per the previous post.

So while I can point it at the folder the disc is mounted against without being able to correctly ID the disc it then cant decrypt it.