Making SMB share permament on Vero

I have a Vero 4K with DVBT2 dongle mainly acting as DVBT2 set-top box with the tvheadend running on it. Nothing special, standard configuration. My aim is to set a tvheadend to record a DVBT2 stream into the Synology NAS through SMB (Vero 4K acts a SMB client). To do it I have to mount SMB share into Vevo directory structure and to set tvheadend to record into this location. I made it by this command from the command line:

sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.1.1/video /home/osmc/SynologyShare -o user=aaa,password=bbb,uid=osmc

and it worked fine. Then I decided to make this permanent by adding

//192.168.1.1/video /home/osmc/SynologyShare cifs user=aaa,password=bbb,uid=osmc 0 0

into /etc/fstab file hoping that it creates permanent mount after reboot. Unfortunately, it did not work. I do not know how to troubleshoot. The command sudo mount -a returns mount error(13): Permission denied

Can you please guide me on how to create permanent mount to SMB share?

Thanks, David

You might want to read through this thread…

try adding more options parameters in the /etc/fstab

read:

Mounting CIFS/Samba from OSMC (raspberry pi) to Windows

Thanks!

finally, I used this line in /etc/fstab

//192.168.1.1/video /home/osmc/SynologyShare cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=“”,password=“”,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

and it works perfectly against Synology router. I really do not know what was a root cause of the original permission error. As far it is working I am fine. :slight_smile:

David

1 Like