Migrating Kodi 14 from Pivos to OSMC on Vero 4K+

Do you have another computer you can test with?
Is the Mac wired or on WiFi?

There are apps for iPhone and Android (iperf3) too if this helps. I’ve never tried them though.

Sam

Duh. FTP issue solved. Yes, I did change the osmc password, as recommended a couple places in the Wiki. I assumed that the SFTP password would be the same as the SSH password, but wouldn’t have assumed the same to be the case with FTP. But it was. Sorry for the duh on that… But also, when installing from the app store, it does say password is “osmc”. There’s a lot you can’t assume, I hope you’re reminded, lol.

Mac also wired. Have another computer but old, slow, lacking homebrew, and a pain to install ipref3. Will look into iOS apps later. Regardless of whether ipref3 works, still see in this a connectivity issue with the 25-38% packet loss via ping.

HI,

Could you please provide details on how the vero and the mac connected to the network? Are both connected directly to the router or is a switch involved; are you using powerline adapters at all?

Thanks Tom.

Something fundamental wrong. Maybe to exclude one or the other now do a test with wired disabled and wireless enabled

There is a switch involved. Vero probably connected to it. (Have to trace some cables to be sure.) Mac directly to router. No powerline adapters.

That way, both devices ping each other with 0% packet loss. But iperf3 either way still does the same thing as with the wired network. (host is down error or no connection at all.)

Hi,

Try a different network cable or a different port on the switch.

If you can I would try bypassing the switch as well.

Thanks Tom.

I’ll share with you a funny story that no one I know in real life will appreciate. But it cracks me up. After you suggested this, I moved the blue ethernet cable connected to Vero, from the switch to the router, and moved another ethernet jack to the switch to make way. It’s a hot mess back there and I wasn’t sure what I was moving. Tested ping, which now worked, forgot about it. Weeks later I was trying to print. No connection to printer, no ping. Tried bypassing another switch, etc. Just not working. Was about to go to Staples and replace the (now very old) printer, when I remembered the switching. Turns out I had created a loop whereby the input to the switch was connected to a port on the switch. So no switch at all, no printer. Saved some $ for now.