miniDV AVI files not playing on OSMC RPi3 Kodi 17.5

hi there,

I am unable to play MiniDV AVI files on my OSMC RPi3 running Kodi 17.5. I AM able to play the same files from the same SMB source on another computer running Kodi 17.5.

is this strictly a playback hardware issue with RPi3? does anyone have any experience with this?

I’m getting the about the maximum bandwidth from the RPi3 that I can (94 Mbits/sec). I can run 10 Gig video files in other formats. is it a bandwidth issue?

any help much appreciated.

A little better description of the problem other than “Unable to play” would help :wink:

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

AVI is a container format. You need to check the codec with mediainfo

is this sufficient information?

Dvsd codec is quite special I doubt that the pi can decode that in CPU (but that is just my guess)
So best most likely is to transcode on the PC to h264

While interisting enough I found this post from @popcornmix so maybe it can work