Minimum info NFO file for images

I have 2 titles that I need to create an NFO file for in order to have all the correct images pulled down. I have created a minimal NFO file based on another one that is working but it has not pulled artwork. Can anyone suggest the minimum info required in this file in order for the artwork to be located?

Theoretically it should suffice to name the files correctly to get correct scraping going.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files

Does OSMC/Kodi use the nfo file provided for the scrape or the title? from here I see that it looks like it creates a new XML nfo file and renames the old one to orig.nfo

I tried creating my own basic nfo for the 2 affected titles and also downloading an nfo for them already formatted. No luck.

If I just place a ‘fanart’ jpg into the folder will it pick this up for the thumbnail in library?

We believe this is a Kodi issue or a specific Kodi function and as such you should look at addressing the issue there. We are unable to resolve your issue. If you do believe that this is an OSMC specific issue, please let us know.

Is ActionA a bot?

Yes, I’m a bot that suggests a better way to resolve issues that are not a feature or function provided by OSMC itself. Bloop bleep bloop bloop…

1 Like