Minix A2 Lite remote partially works since Nov Update

Hello
I use a specific keyboard.xml file to set up buttons of my remote (in .kodi/userdata/keymaps).

<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <F1>SendClick(8)</F1>
            <home>ActivateWindow(Home)</home>
            <return>Select</return>
            <leftwindows>ContextMenu</leftwindows>
            <prev_track>PageUp</prev_track>
            <next_track>PageDown</next_track>
            <backspace>Back</backspace>
            <key id='61467'>Back</key>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
    <home>
        <keyboard>
            <play_pause>PlayPvrTV</play_pause>
            <F1>ActivateWindow(tvchannels)</F1>
        </keyboard>
    </home>
    <VirtualKeyboard>
        <keyboard>
            <return>Select</return>
        </keyboard>
    </VirtualKeyboard>
    <FullscreenVideo>
        <keyboard>
            <backspace>Back</backspace>
            <F1>Stop</F1>
            <leftwindows>NextSubtitle</leftwindows>
            <home>AudioNextLanguage</home>
            <prev_track>Rewind</prev_track>
            <next_track>FastForward</next_track>
        </keyboard>
    </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Since Nov update it no longer works. For exemple the button I can no longer have context menu working ( ContextMenu).

Do you know why ?

We haven’t changed key mapping in this update.
I would check with a debug log to see if the key press is being registered.

how ?

Enable debug logging as explained below. Then connect via SSH and run tail -f .kodi/temp/kodi.log that should show an entry for every keypress.

OSMC skin screenshot:

2019-11-26 15:31:27.140 T:4042253024   DEBUG: CLibInputKeyboard::ProcessKey - using delay: 500ms repeat: 50ms
2019-11-26 15:31:27.170 T:4071526400   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x7f, sym: 0x013f, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
2019-11-26 15:31:27.394 T:4071526400   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x7f, sym: 0x013f, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
2019-11-26 15:31:27.395 T:4071526400   DEBUG: HandleKey: menu (0xf0d8) pressed, action is XBMC.RunScript(special://home/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/captureLauncher.py)

looks like it is not due to nov update but recent superfav addon install …

even removing and purgin this addon I still have these log entry :
2019-11-26 15:31:27.395 T:4071526400 DEBUG: HandleKey: menu (0xf0d8) pressed, action is XBMC.RunScript(special://home/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/captureLauncher.py)
whereas it is ok for other customized key…

You probably have another keymap that the plugin created. The keymaps are loaded in alphabetical order and then by location and each map that is loaded later overrides keys from ones loaded previously.

this is also what I think but nothing found :frowning:

After some testing I have discovered that the <leftwindows> command is not currently working in Kodi. I don’t know if this is a bug or intentional. The key can still be mapped by using a key id and if you use the keymap editor add-on that should be the way it programs it by default.

is there the key id above ?

No. The key names as recorded in the log are not unified to what is usable in a keymap. There are kodi how-to’s that tell you how to derive the correct name by using another program via the command line, but none of them are as quick and easy as just using the keymap editor. If you are worried about that add-on screwing up your existing custom maps then you don’t need to be. You said your using a keyboard.xml file so keymap will just leave that alone as it only creates and/or modifies /userdata/keymaps/gen.xml. On my wireless keyboard it is
<key id="2158806">contextmenu</key>
but I have no idea if that would be the same with your remote.

does not sound complicated, will try tomorrow. Thanks.

This one seems to be a separate issue from the other. The other is the windows key, this one is actually a key called “menu” on a keyboard. Unlike the Windows key this one is mapped by default and it should have been activating the context menu. I don’t think any of the plugins have access to modify where this default keymap is stored so i’m still thinking you have another keymap loading. Could you post full logs so I can see what keymaps are loading.

so, I have change the xml using the key id found with keymap editor. This is still the same, action is XBMC.RunScript(special://home/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/captureLauncher.py).

you want my .kodi/temp/kodi.log ?

We are talking about two different keys here. Did you just remap the “Windows” key or did you remap the “menu” key as well? For the Windows key did remapping it with the key id make that key work? Or did they key that was working as a “Windows” key before start registering as a “menu” key?

For the logs I would like you to turn on debug logging in settings>system>logging, reboot twice, then push the one or two buttons we are talking about a few times, then go to the MyOSMC add-on and upload logs from there. It will come back with a web address, post that address in this thread.

https://paste.osmc.tv/ozirorikes

INFO: Loading special://masterprofile/keymaps/keyboard.xml
INFO: Loading special://masterprofile/keymaps/mouse.xml
INFO: Loading special://profile/keymaps/keyboard.xml
INFO: Loading special://profile/keymaps/mouse.xml
INFO: Loading special://profile/keymaps/super_favourites_menu.xml

I’m thinking that you will find if you delete
.kodi/userdata/profiles/ol/keymaps/super_favourites_menu.xml
your issue will go away. I would also suggest that if your not using different button layouts between your master profile and any other user accounts then it would be best to only have custom maps in the userdata/keymaps/ folder.

THANK YOU SO MUCH :grin:

it was this fucking super_favourites_menu.xml. A pitty it is not detroyed when we remove the addon, even when ticking the option “remove userdata”.

Thanks again.

1 Like