MK4 TV series not showing in TV Shows

VOBs work fine, but I can’t seem to get the MK4 files to show up in the TV Shows in the UI.

I think it is named fine - e.g., Better Call Saul - S01E01.mkv. Anything special about mkv files?

Kodi has no issues with files using a “mkv” file extension. I would check in file mode (videos>files>[source]) to make sure it is visible there. If it is then you have a scraping issue most likely. I would recommend to reboot twice, turn on debug logging, update your library, upload logs, then post the returned url in this thread…

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

1 Like

Yes it shows in the (videos>files>[source]).
Before I upload a log file, can you remind me where you set the file format for TV Shows? i.e., S1E1, or Season 1 Episode 1, etc? I seem to remember there being a place - maybe in one of the system files - where you can set those options.

videos>files> and highlight your source then bring up the context menu (on a Vero remote that is the button with the three lines) and select the option to “change content” and that is where you set scraping options.

There is ways to further tweak what gets scraped with an advancedsettings.xml file but the file name you posted would not require that. There are various reasons why scraping could fail. Providing logs would be by far the easiest and quickest for all involved to try to figure out why your having an issue.

Alternatively just follow the guides on kodi.tv, it has an entire wiki on how to name files. Also the moviedb is better for tv than thetvdb these days.

OK, I went ahead and reprod w/ logs. Please see attached logs (logs.log).

Note that I am able to get .VOB formatted series to play from the UI “TV Shows” (just like the “Movies”), only if I update the advancedsettings.xml like so, and ONLY for .VOBs:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> Seinfeld_S([0-9]+)D([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$ Season([0-9]+) Disk([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$ The Man Show Season ([0-9]+) Episodes ([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$ Better Call Saul - S([0-9]+)E([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$

That works fine for the first 3 series, but not the last one. The only difference is is that the first 3 are VOB (with menus), and the last is mp4 (no menus).

NOTE - All the TV shows play from Settings → Media → Library → Videos → (select source).

Looking at your sources.xml file I am a bit confused on how exactly you have your files structured. I see a source for movie concerts, one for music, and one for pictures. In order for a Kodi library to work you would need your files organized such that movies, TV shows, and music videos (if using that as something apart from other movies) are in different file paths and that none of the file paths are nested in one another. Additionally each folder would need to be configured as it’s own source with appropriate scraping settings applied to them. The Kodi wiki covers how this works…

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library

Wow! That was easy. I just updated my sources.xml to include the TV Shows entry and restarted Vero. There they are! I don’t know why they movies appear without an entry in there, but I don’t really care. It’s working now. Thanks!

1 Like

Are your movies in the same path as the music videos? I think both types of sources use the movie scraper.