Monitor resolution wrongly recognised

Yes. I know all about refresh rates :slight_smile: In am an BSc EE that cut my teeth repairing TVsets as a kid :slight_smile: FWIW the refresh rate on a regular telly is half of that, or rather half the picture (alternating lines) were painted at 50Hz, but you probably already knew that :slight_smile:

I guess that any refresh problems will depend greatly on what types of programmes you watch as well.

Ok. REC.2020. Ahuh. Learn something every day.
I just bought a curved 55" 4k HDR LG TV this winter (at 1999 Euro), and now you tell me I should have waited till 2020??
Luckily my eyes aren’t getting better with age.

Can’t say we’re not thoroughly enjoying it though. Works great with the Vero4K. Except there’s still hardly any content.

You can’t wait forever in technology.

Glad Vero 4K is working well for you.

1 Like

How is the update release cycle on Vero?

I know on OSMC (Rpi) is once a month, at the end of the month.

Generally there is no device specific release cycle. Sam normally tries to deliver once a month the best updates for all supported platforms

Thanks for replying it.

Next week then. I’d hope.

I take it that it was not included in the upgrade that was downloaded last night? At least did I not see any added resolutions (suh as 1360x768x50) in settings?

The last update was a security fix for the subtitles issue.

Ah. Thanks! I take it there is a doc somewhere that lists fixes?

All updates are announced at Blog - OSMC when they are made available.

Sam

Thanks. Will check there next time

BTW. Kudos for fixing that subtitle exploit so quickly!

Hi Sam,

I have just applied the May updates to my Vero4k

My monitor isn’t being recognized properly. Still showing 1920x1080.

Can you please help me?

No changes to resolutions in this update.

There will be a new kernel for Vero 4K very soon (testing before the next update), and we will add support for more resolutions then. It didn’t make much sense to add the support with the risk that it would stop working again when we do a sync with upstream (SoC manufacturer)

Better to get it all working in one go.

Sam

Thank for replying.

Very soon, you mean on a couple of days, or at the end of this month?

We will release a test kernel with the intention of having it stable for the end of June.
I hope you will be able to test at the start of next week, but no guarantee just yet. I’ll keep you posted.

Sam

Thank you sam.

I will test it gladly.

This part of the message I will edit out. I just saying here because I have your attention.

I have just noticed that my HiFiBerry Digi+ stopped being recognized after the may update.

I will open a new ticket in a couple of minutes. I just want to make sure that this is indeed the case before I do.

It’s best to start a new post as that concerns RBP rather than Vero 4K.

Please upload some debug logs so we can investigate further

Sam

Hi Sam,

Do you have any news about that Test Kernel?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes. There’s been progress. But for now the SoC manufacturer told us this was a bad idea, so we’re investigating further. No point in adding support to remove it at a later date.

Cheers

Sam