More Development Help and Guidance

The development wiki topics are a good start, but for a newbie to Linux and open source development like me, its daunting to try and contribute with minimal documentation. I’m sure there are others who would like to get involved but feel the same.

Links to other resources would be useful. But I think a few documented examples of changes would help massively.

There are some features I would like to use in OSMC but these are quite niche (gadget mode on pi zero and UART touchscreen driver) so I just need some guidance and hopefully I can learn some useful skills on the way.

Thank you to everyone who has worked on OSMC its a great OS and will no doubt continue to improve.

This is already a work in progress. Documentation is now being added to the Wiki under the Development category.

What would you like to know more about? How to build a package (kernel in your case to add above features), is already in the works. Then when you have built it and verified your changes, you can look at the article on submitting them back to us.

Sam