More issues with ARC

I read a lot of topics here, but I seem to have a different setup.
Setup:
Denon X1400H inputs: PS4, Vero 4K+.
Outputs to Philips 55POS9002 on HDMI1, ARC enabled. No other TV inputs are used.

When the Vero is plugged into the Denon, ARC won’t work. It will work as soon as I disconnect it, as stated in other threads.

I’m not using Vero’s standby mode, but I’m running sudo systemctl stop mediacenter when I’m done, as detailed in my guide here: [HowTo] Start/Stop Kodi with your remote (headless mode) - #2 by Ambiled
So the device is still powered on, but the mediacenter service is not running.

Output of cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/hpd_state is 1, regardless of the mediacenter service status.

First of all, I don’t understand how an INPUT could mess up a connection on the OUTPUT of the Denon…

Is there a way to completely disable CEC on the Vero? I already disabled it via Kodi, but obviously something is still there. I also read about female-male CEC-less HDMI adaptors, which would also be an option shouldn’t I be able to fix it via software.

Thanks!

Does the issue only occur after stopping Kodi?

You might be interested in this thread if you can’t work out a better solution with Sam…

I just installed the October OSMC update and the issue is gone. Did something change about CEC with the October update?

Otherwise I guess all the plugging/unplugging somehow fixed it (temporarily?)

I’d still like to know if there’s a way to disable CEC system-wide since I’m not using it anyway.

Thanks again, Sam.

Sorry to resurrect this, but it started happening again last night, among other things.
All of a sudden, I lost some skin settings. For example, the main menu did not show submenus anymore and the media listings were different. Everything else is the same, apparently. I’m using Aeon Nox. CEC is still disabled in Kodi’s menu, but I started experiencing issues with my TV ARC again.

Also, audio was completely gone. No GUI sounds either. Unfortunately I have no logs for this issue.

I fixed both things by unplugging the Vero power cable and plugging it back on. Disconnecting/reconnecting the HDMI cable didn’t fix it as it used to, nor did multiple reboots.

Note that I had not experienced this in maybe years, not sure what happened yesterday…

So I’m asking again: is there a way to disable CEC on a OS level, other than mangling my HDMI cable?

Thank you

You can disable under Settings → Peripherals.

Sam

I did, that’s what I meant by “CEC is still disabled in Kodi’s menu”