Mount nfs

Good evening,
I have a pc with ubuntu gnome 16.04 with an extra internal 1TB hard disk and o folder in there named Movies_1TB. I export the NFS settings

Shared folder NFS as Server

/media/john/sdb1/Movies_1TB 192.168.xx.0/24(rw,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,sync)

When mounting it from a small netbook with lubuntu 16.04 lts its working fine.

When i try through osmc (latest stable) RPi3 B+
Videos -> add -> browse -> ip (pc 16.04):/media/john/sdb1/Movies_1TB

It says that it cant connect and the nfs is not mounting.

Please can you show us your fstab?

from osmc you mean?

I have done that before and it is failing with the error
osmc@osmc:~$ cd Movies/
-bash: cd: Movies/: No such device
osmc@osmc:~$ showmount -e 192.168.xx.x
(my pc ubuntu 16.04 with an extra internal disk 1TB that servs a folder with nfs) from my netbook with lubuntu 16.04 the share works fine.
rpc mount export: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

/dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot vfat defaults,noatime,noauto,x-systemd.automount 0 0

rootfs is not mounted in fstab as we do it via initramfs. Uncomment for remount (slower boot)

#/dev/mmcblk0p2 / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 0
#nfs from tsaros sdb1 movies
192.168.xx.5:/media/john/sdb1/Movies_1TB /home/osmc/Movies ext4 noauto,x-systemd.automount 0 0

That should be nfs, not ext4.

It would be worth you showing us the /etc/exports file on the server.

1 Like

/etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported

to NFS clients. See exports(5).

Example for NFSv2 and NFSv3:

/srv/homes hostname1(rw,sync,no_subtree_check) hostname2(ro,sync,no_subtree_check)

Example for NFSv4:

/srv/nfs4 gss/krb5i(rw,sync,fsid=0,crossmnt,no_subtree_check)

/srv/nfs4/homes gss/krb5i(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)

Shared folder NFS from this pc ubuntu 16.04

/media/john/sdb1/Movies_1TB 192.168.xx.0/24(rw,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,sync)

thanks man !!! that did it ! the ext4 was the wrong input. i replaced with nfs and worked perfectly.

Thank you.

one more question.
Why i cant see in my videos the automounted location (the nfs i just mounted) in osmc. I restared osmc but nothing again.

Or how can i add the share to my videos section?

through ssh i see the directory mounted ok with no problem. i see all the files properly.
Cant figure how to add this location to my eg videos menu under automounted locations.

It’ll depend on the skin but it’ll be along the lines of Videos --> Files --> Add videos --> Home folder (or Root filesystem)

yep wrote down the local path of the nfs share point and that did the trick :wink:

Thanks for all the help.