Movie library emty after update to 2017.05-3

Hello all,

Last night I installed a fresh install of OSMC 2017.05-2 on a RPi3 which I thought was the latest image file. I started to scan for my movie library over night. This morning the library scan was finished and indexed and I could see all my movies are listed in the Movies tab in KODI.
I saw there is an update, so I went ahead and did the update. Now, the OSMC version is 2017.05-3 and to my surprise, the movie library is nowhere to be seen.
After the update, the screen was black for over a minute but then KODI started with no hiccups.

Any ideas why the movie library has gone? No movies are listed anymore in the Movies tab!
Have restarted the device with no luck.

Thank you in advance.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Thank you for your reply.
Let me get this right, you want me to provide information?
What kind of information have I not provided? A log? I can’t turn the log on and then reproduce the problem, it has already happened. I explained what I did, and what happened next. My Movie library was indexed and populated, then after the update the library disappeared and it says that I have to add files because it’s empty.

Instead of me writing back and forth, I can just format the SD and setup the OSMC fresh AGAIN, but this time i WON’T let the update do it’s thing. Because every time there is an OSMC update, I have to be scared that something is going to break.
@ActionA thank you for UNDERSTANDING!

It is frustrating that a fresh install of OSMC that is few hours old (young) has to partly break because of an update from 2017.05-2 to 2017.05-3, and I can’t download the 2017.05-3 image file from the osmc website. Anyways…

Well first I recommend you chill a bit.
Then enable debugging and upload logs so that we can see if a library exists and if so why it is not shown.

It’s funny that this issue has only been reported by you and none of the thousands of other OSMC users had any issues when updating. If you can’t help us to help you by providing logs, I guess you’ll be on your own… Good luck!

Thank you for your recommendation.
I am in service industry and my line of work is to solve problems and challenges that homeowners face. But sometimes one guideline does not apply to everybody’s problems and/or challenges. I understand that the support request page is a great way to start, and I did read through it before I posted my problem.

I have formatted the SD card and burning the OSMC on it right now. So I am doing a fresh install.

Thank you in advance.

We haven’t had any reports of this issue with the update. The problem will likely be the SD card you are using.

SD Card is brand new and tested.

Thank you.

What does this mean? Tested how?

Ok – without any logs there is no way to tell what’s going on and in turn resolve this issue. As you seem to be the only one affected, I am inclined to believe it’s a specific issue with your hardware or setup.

You seem to be avoiding allowing us to help you. You have had MySQL issues in the past, so I’d double check you’ve configured everything correctly as well.

I check the SD card with Disk Utility on mac before inserting to RPi3. If there is more ways to make sure the SD card is healthy or not, please share.

MySQL was setup fine, after getting help from the forum last year, which I greatly appreciate. But I don’t setup MySQL until Movies and TVShows have been scanned and indexed completely.

I am not avoiding, it’s just I got a bit frustrated after reading the first reply that I have to ask for support in a certain way, which I respect. I thought to do the process again and this time, not to update until after everything is setup and restart, then update.

Thank you for your time.

You need to provide logs, that’s all.
Otherwise there’s no way we can help you, and your post just becomes a rant.

Great.
Let’s leave the rant.

Thank you for your time.