Movies glitch after recent update

As above all movies transfered via Fillezilla trough home network are glitching. I’ve installed kodi on my tv and that movies working well. I’m using RPI 3. Before recent update everything was fine any suggestions ? Thanks in advance

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Ok done :slight_smile: Could You tell me how to disable forced subtitles and use external one that I have on my drive ?

I’v opened another movie and after logging enable is kind a resource monitor monitor and very high CPU usage 97-100% :confused: Weird is that only happens with recent files - previous working well :confused:

You would need to post what the url they were uploaded to is.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Language#Subtitles

The simplest thing is to just name the subs using a <video title>.<option>.<language>.<ext> convention. So if you have a movie named “Survivor (2014).mkv” you might have a sub titled “Survivor (2014).eng.srt” or “Survivor (2014).forced.eng.srt”. Or you can open the subtitle settings during playback and manually browse for one.

Did you check to see if it was the transfer or perhaps you are not playing the same kinds of files? You could take one of the files that currently works well, rename it and transfer it again and see if it acts any different.

You would need to post what the url they were uploaded to is.
https://paste.osmc.tv/oqamavojof :wink:

I did this - choose mother language and delete others languages - doesn’t work

I’ts downloaded by qnapi so the name of the file is exact like movie file. Kodi shows forced subs, but I can’t disable it - bulid in the viedeo file, but when I chose external subs they are not apear.

I even copy straight to the drive - problem still exist :confused:

What is the codec of that files?

That’s .mkv files 1080p - never had problem before :confused:

mkv is a container. But I looked at your logs seems you are trying to play h265 encoded files.
I think the Pi3 will be at the edge playing those files.

2 Likes

Do You suggest to upgrade to newest RPI like 4 or 5 ?

Edit: All RPI has the same issue

Download h264 version and works well, so could be that You mention :slight_smile:

If you want to have one device playing all codecs H264, H265, AV1, VP9,… it would be the Vero V

<setting id="locale.audiolanguage" default="true">mediadefault</setting>
<setting id="videoplayer.preferdefaultflag" default="true">true</setting>
<setting id="locale.subtitlelanguage" default="true">original</setting>
<defaultvideosettings>
<showsubtitles>true</showsubtitles>

You should set your prefered audio and subtitle languages to whatever language you want to be by default. Set the prefer default to off. If you don’t want to have subs enabled automatically then turn the default off (during video playback turn off the subs and in the subs settings click the set as defaults)

Is it? For that Silo file the only thing it found was a text file that does not appear to be a sub. You should open the file with a text editor and see what you actually have. If that program isn’t able to properly name the files then you will need to name them with some other method if you want it to work as it should. Kodi only knows what kind of sub it has if it is in a container that has flags that relay this information, or with an external file if it is named such that the information is included like I previously mentioned.

A RPi 4 can play that particular HEVC file without an issue. OSMC doesn’t support the RPi 5 yet but it should be capable as well. The Vero’s do have a broader range of files that they can handle without an issue though.