Movies not displaying in main Movies folder

Given that “easy” is a bit of a relative term there is an option I outlined in a howto here…

Aside from that if your skin allows for customizing the main menu items (so not Estuary) you can point the movies home screen link to your main movies source location instead of to the movie library. You could probably also just edit the node to exclude the Christmas source location and then add a new node that excludes everything but the Christmas source and then add that node as its own main menu item. Kodi only has a single library (for any given user profile) so if you want items in a library so they get metadata but don’t want to be looking at them as part of your primary collection then you have to work out some type of filter to separate them. You can search this forum for something along the lines of separating/excluding kids movies (the most common use case for this type of tweak) and you should find some solutions mapped out in some detail.

There is also the option to not have the metadata and have a source that is not scrapped into the library. You can then just browse and play from the “Videos” section. I do this myself for ‘watch once and delete’ type of content.

1 Like