Multiple remote presses in 2015.07-1

Ahhh, I missed seeing that you had a Harmony remote.

I also have a Harmony remote (although a Harmony one, and I don’t use it with the Vero) and you’ll probably find the issue is that the profile for that remote is set to too many repeats - the default is 3 for most devices and that can cause unnecessary repeats.

It is possible to compensate for that by adjusting one of the values in the lircd.conf file (I don’t recall exactly what off the top of my head) but the better solution is to reduce the number of repeats for that device in the harmony software from 3 to 2, or possibly even to 1.

I had to do that for some of my devices in my AV system. It’s not easy to find the setting - I think you have to use the troubleshooting wizard and choose the option that says “my remote responds too often or not enough” or something similar to that, and you will find an option that lets you choose a value between about 0 and 5, with the default being 3. Usually dropping it to 2 is sufficient, and also makes the button presses a bit more responsive.

A bit too late now that you have it working using the xbox 360 profile (that is probably a good one to use if you don’t have an Xbox 360) but something to keep in mind for the future.

1 Like