Multiple Vero 2/Kodi Problems

Hi there,

i bought an Vero 2 before christmas as replacement for my Crystalbuntu on Apple TV Gen 1.
Unfortunately, i have so many problems with my Vero 2/Kodi i think about re-installation OSMC.
Problems are:

1. Original Vero 2 remote didn’t response. Battery isn’t empty. Remote is working. i checked this with my cell phone camera. If i press a button on Vero 2 remote i can see the glowing IR LED through cell phone camera as expected. But as a Harmony Ultimate owner, the plan was to switch remote on OSMC to WDLive remote. This WDLive remote works as expected with Vero 2. I could live with that workaround.

2. If i switch Vero 2 off by WDLive remote, there is no way you can switch it back on. Remote is ignored, the Kodi web interface is unreachable, no ping response or ssh connect possible. I don’t know in which state my Vero 2 is. On screen, i can see a few lines shell messages like in this picture.

For me, this few lines doesn’t look like shutdown messages. Please correct me if i’m wrong.
    To get it back working, i have to power off and on the Vero 2 device.

3. My Crystalbuntu and Vero 2 device uses the same media share on my NAS as media target. On Crystalbuntu all series are well recognized and since years. I use TVDB and TVDB’s naming scheme for series naming. Also i’m using Kodi naming scheme for series filename like described in Kodi Wiki.
    On my Vero 2 device only the first season will recognize. If a series has no fist season, let’s say only season two laying in the series folder, then the series will not listed in Kodi. I reset the series media folder config a few times in Kodi. Check all options in setup process. But didn’t find any wrong switch or configuration.

This get’s me to the point, maybe it’s time to reinstall OSMC. In OSMC wiki under reinstall steps only SD-Card as reinstall medium is described. Is reinstall also possible with an USB flash drive? This would keeps me from buying a SD-Card only for OSMC re-installation.

Cheers Juergen

PS.: If someone has an idea how to fix my problems without re-installation i would very thankful about any help. :wink:

Hello

The Vero 2 remote uses RF, so you should be able to see the blue light with a naked eye and no need to use a camera.

You can try putting the receiver in your PC and see if the remotes lets you scroll a web page. If it does then the remote and receiver are OK.

What do you mean by ‘switch off’ Vero 2? It is meant to be an always on device. If you want to shut it down you should select Shut Down in Kodi and wait for it to halt before pulling the power. It’s then safe to power the system.

Debug log here may give some clues.
Also if you can show us your folder structure we may be able to provide some advice.

From your issues: they don’t really sound like you need to reinstall OSMC. Unfortunately an SD card is needed to install OSMC to Vero 2.

Sam

Which USB port do you have the RF remote dongle plugged into ?

If I remember correctly the docs that came with my Vero 2, it said that the RF dongle should be in the rear port, not the side ones.

Should be in the rear port to avoid duplicate presses and other erratic behaviour

1 Like

Hello Sam,

Original Vero 2 remote didn’t response. Battery isn’t empty. Remote is working. i checked this with my cell phone camera. If i press a button on Vero 2 remote i can see the glowing IR LED through cell phone camera as expected. But as a Harmony Ultimate owner, the plan was to switch remote on OSMC to WDLive remote. This WDLive remote works as expected with Vero 2. I could live with that workaround.

The Vero 2 remote uses RF, so you should be able to see the blue light with a naked eye and no need to use a camera.
You can try putting the receiver in your PC and see if the remotes lets you scroll a web page. If it does then the remote and receiver are OK.

Shame on me … i lost this tiny receiver in the OSMC package. I thought it uses also IR and didn’t remember that it uses RF. My fault … :wink:

If i switch Vero 2 off by WDLive remote, there is no way you can switch it back on. Remote is ignored, the Kodi web interface is unreachable, no ping response or ssh connect possible. I don’t know in which state my Vero 2 is. On screen, i can see a few lines shell messages like in this picture.

What do you mean by ‘switch off’ Vero 2? It is meant to be an always on device. If you want to shut it down you should select Shut Down in Kodi and wait for it to halt before pulling the power. It’s then safe to power the system.

Digging in a little bit deeper. On the WDLive remote is a PowerToogle Button. If i setup WDLive remote under MyOSMC and configure the Vero 2 device in my Harmony Ultimate as a WDLive device, then the Harmony transmitted the PowerToogle Button Event to Kodi and the result is what i described before. Looks for me like Kodi responds to the PowerToogle Button transmitted by the WDLive remote.
But i avoid this behavior since i found a Vero config in MyHarmony software and switch in MyOSMC from WDLive to Vero IR remote. This works for me, since there is now no PowerToogle event anymore.

On my Vero 2 device only the first season will recognize. If a series has no fist season, let’s say only season two laying in the series folder, then the series will not listed in Kodi. I reset the series media folder config a few times in Kodi. Check all options in setup process. But didn’t find any wrong switch or configuration.

Debug log here may give some clues.

K … i will switch debug log on and let Kodi re-read my series and will come back with some log files.

Also if you can show us your folder structure we may be able to provide some advice.

My series folder structure looks like this.

media_folder_on_NAS_share
	|---- series (category series in Kodi points on this folder)
		|---- series_title_1 (series title like on TVDB)
		|	|---- S01E01_-_episode_title.ext (visible)
		|	|---- S01E12_-_episode_title.ext (visible)
		|	|---- S02E01_-_episode_title.ext (not visible)
		|	|---- S02E12_-_episode_title.ext (not visible)
		|
		|---- series_titel_2 (series title like on TVDB)
		|	|---- S02E01_-_episode_title.ext (not visible)
		|	|---- S02E12_-_episode_title.ext (not visible)
  • “series_titel_1” lists only the first season. Second (or more) season(s) will not listed.
  • “series_titel_2” will not listed.

From your issues: they don’t really sound like you need to reinstall OSMC. Unfortunately an SD card is needed to install OSMC to Vero 2.

K … Thanks for the info …

Juergen

1. try with . —> S01.e01

2. for better understanding, copy a real example from one of your TV folder

Michael

1. try with . —> S01.e01

I tried this, unfortunately no improvement.

1. for better understanding, copy a real example from one of your TV folder

Two examples of series who are not displayed:
Series folder name: 24

S09E01.mkv
S09E12.mkv

Series folder name Black Mirror

S03E01 - Abgestuerzt.mkv
S03E02 - Erlebnishunger.mkv
S03E03 - Mach was wir sagen.mkv
S03E04 - San Junipero.mkv
S03E05 - Maenner aus Stahl.mkv
S03E06 - Von allen gehasst.mkv

One examples of series only first season are displayed. All other seasons are not displayed.
Series folder name: Dragon Ball Z

S01E01 - Ein außerirdischer Krieger.mkv
S01E39 - Komische Kinder.mkv
S02E01 - Der Planet Namek.mkv
S09E38 - Auf ein Neues.mkv

Hope this examples gives you a better understanding.
I was surprise that only first seasons will shown up. In case of file naming error, I would have expected all seasons not to be displayed.

Thanks for your help …

Juergen

Check Kodi wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

It seems that Kodi doesn’t like when anything is added after the episode number.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=302361&pid=2488137#pid2488137

Check Kodi wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

Kodi requires each TV show to be in its own folder, and for each file to contain a pattern from which Kodi can determine the season and episode number (e.g. "S01E01").

I think all my examples above comply with this requirements. :wink:

It seems that Kodi doesn’t like when anything is added after the episode number.

Hmm … then it shouldn’t ignore episodes like in my example with series 24.

An update available message comes up in Kodi/OSMC, i installed them. Then i deleted all series from database and reinitialize my series. This time Kodi recognizes all seasons. Perfect … :thumbsup: