Music playback stops early after some time of remote usage

I’m observing the following behavior

• Playback of songs stops at roughly 50-60% of a any title after some time.
  • Reboot cures this
  • Only happens if I’m using Kodi via remote app (iOS) or via Web browser, port 8080

does this point to something known? Anything I can do to improve this annoying thing, Thanks

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

right, this will take some time though

interesting issue; I only get via grab-logs -A https://paste.osmc.tv/<html>now. Work usally.
After reboot it works, guess this doesn’t make too much sense then https://paste.osmc.tv/saxuduveqe

happened again, Log is here

this is what I get if the problem shows it. No log URL

This means the log is too large at the time of upload. You could try uploading just the Kodi log.

here we go the kodi.log

just checked. same issue again, also the log is too large. what’s causing this?

Your system has a large number of unsupported piracy add-ons and repositories which have in the past shown to be problematic by making configuration changes without being directed to or asking permission to do so.

You should test with default setting and none of these nefarious add-ons by following the steps below.

Let’s test with Kodi default settings. Enter the following commands with an SSH connection.

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bak
systemctl start mediacenter

Now you can test to see if your issue exists in this configuration.

If needed you can restore:

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bk2
mv ~/kodi.bak ~/.kodi
systemctl start mediacenter

If your original setup was restored as expected and you want get rid of the unneeded clean install you can delete that with the following command.

rm -r ~/kodi.bk2

which are these in particular, I didn’t install them. I’m happy to delete them. Looking at the Addons Folder while we speak

You can be quite assured that OSMC did not install them and there is no user that could ever insinuate so. They were installed by some end user after delivery.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons

Much easier just to follow the commands and begin from default.

I have an idea about that.

I rather hesitate to start from the ground up. There’s a lot of music and movies, and favourites… Will delete as much as I can find and then see if the situation persists. If so I’ll start from scratch. Thanks sofar!

Please, read the instructions I provided carefully! It provides a method to test default settings temporarily. It can be completely reverted!

doing it as we speak … new kodi.log here

I’m not sure if this is relevant, but I see you’re using a /22 supernet, which covers IP addresses from 192.168.4.0 to 192.168.7.255. Is there a reason for this?

I have no idea, guess my router is doing this. How can you even know, is it in the log?

I’d like to claim psychic powers but, yes, it’s in your log. A /22 supernet is a bit unusual on a home network, though I guess we all like the idea of out network being a bit “super”. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure it’ll have any relevance to your predicament, though never say never. It can certainly affect applications that assume they’re on a /24 subnet and devices that are misconfigured – but, if affected, they’re unlikely to work from the start.

it’s an eero mesh network and I wouldn’t even know where to manipulate this - I asked their support about it because it’s not transparent at all.

I see the Vero4K+ is running on WiFi. Since you’re only experiencing issues with remote control clients, there might be a “mesh” problem. Do you know if you experience the problem when the device running the Web browser is cable-attached – assuming this is even possible?

1 Like