Mute sign

What is the reason for this icon and how to disable it?

Hi, I’ve seen this with Estuary skin when the audio volume is turned down to 0% (muted).

• If you have a modern OSMC remote control connected, use the volume buttons to increase the volume (100% should be the default).
  • If you have a USB keyboard connected, see https://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls for the volume control buttons.

Most likely you lowered the volume to 0. (while I am not sure which Skin you use).

Increase the volume using the + button

1 Like

If the above suggestions don’t change anything then likely you have a CEC enabled sound system which can lead to a situation where Kodi’s volume is turned all the way down (or mute is enabled) but a remote or keyboard is forwarding CEC commands instead of changing Kodi’s internal volume/mute. If this is the situation you find yourself in the easiest way to fix it likely is to use Kodi’s web interface, or a Kodi remote app on a mobile device, to change the volume there as they usually only manipulate Kodi’s internal volume.

1 Like

I use CEC/HDMI and TV remote control to control Kodi (it is very useful and many people don’t know it exists). The same icon has appeared once in the past - don’t remember how fixed it. Maybe with restart or similar.

If your controlling it exclusively with your TV remote via CEC then that will not forward volume or mute commands from your TV. My previous advice should take care of the problem. Alternatively if you wanted to do it via ssh you could use…

kodi-send -a "SetVolume(100,showvolumebar)"

and/or

kodi-send -a mute