My Raspberry pi 2 don't find the network

Hello everyone,

First of all I apologize because I put this topic in another forum on rasperrypistackexchange but I saw your forum after and it’s seems more appropriate concerning my trouble.

So here am I ! :smile:

I experience difficulties to find files on my personnal network with my freshly bought Raspberry PI 2 received hmmm yesterday morning :smile:
I bought a Pi 2, installed OSMC on a 32Go micro SD HC Card with the windows tool on OSMC.tv. I took ethernet configuration (during installation). I have no wifi card but the PI 2 is connected wired. I connected a DAC and a hdmi port to have screen.

I simply want to see files stored on a windows PC ! I miss something but impossible to see what…

I add kodi on this windows PC which is the “server”. I activated NFS on windows seven (on 2 different computers on W7), I add the Apple printer Bonjour app and activated all sharing systems proposed in Kodi from the windows PC which contains files.

I use Kore on my Android tablet and no problem to see the PI2 and the PC server and … the files !

I hope this is clear Thank you very much.

PS : Sorry for mistakes in langage I’m not native English :wink:

• is the pi connected to the local network?
  • have you logged in to the pi from your windows pc using putty/ssh etc?
  • have you tried to add sources?

Derek

Thx a lot for your help

I tried to add sources but it do not work with nfs search or zeroconf. I tried also with IP adress directly.

I just try with a Hard drive directly. Where am I suppose to find the Disk in the root ? I do not find any picture I have on this hard drive

By the way, after adding the Hard Drive, the Dac the 5V 2A alimentation seems to be not sufficient (small multicolored square on the top right)

I will test with putty now

regards

You need to enable max_usb_current probably. You should find it in the MyOSMC settings addon rpi config.

Drives should mount in /media/

Even with this enabled, which is needed for HDD use, you will still have problems (maybe worse) as your power supply setup is inadequate.

@dandnsmith : I try with putty (my first use) : I have the IP adress of my PI2, I put into putty only this information.

It answer --> OSMC : Open source Media Center and ask "Login as : " then i try Master User, nothing and kodi but the access was denied at the step password. I didn’t put any password.

user= osmc
password= osmc

Cheers,

Here is the log :smile:

login as: osmc
OSMC: Open Source Media Center
osmc@192.168.0.20’s password:

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
osmc@osmc:~$ login as: osmc

osmc@osmc:~$
login: Cannot possibly work without effective root
osmc@osmc:~$ OSMC: Open Source Media Center
-bash: OSMC:: command not found
osmc@osmc:~$ osmc@192.168.0.20’s password:

osmc@osmc:~$

I think I have an issue with my powersupply, I will bought a new one.

That could be explanation for Hard Drive troubles but not for network.

My PI2 is connected to the netword as far as I understand putty/ssh.

So it’s the shared folder that are not OK ; when i had files I don’t find those folders. Could it be another reason ?

regards

When power supply is insufficient, the USB bus (USB and networking share this bus) begins to fail. It’s a perfect explanation for dodgy networking…

I unplugged the USB DAC, unplugged the hardrive and have the same troubles after a restart (but no top corner colored box).

Nevertheless I bought a new and different power supply.

what am I suppose to find with putty software ? Was my log OK ? Thx

Regards

thats not a log what you posted, it just shows that you logged in through ssh

btw, what you want to do? you got a hard drive, want it to mount or what? you want to add media to kodi?

Hello,

I just want to use OSMC on my raspberry to use it has a music player (radio, deezer and network music files). I had a nuforce 3 dac and send analogic signal to an 2x50 amp.
The connexion will be by ethernet CPL and the files will be on a windows seven PC connected by CPL to the network.