My remote stopped working when I updated

My harmony remote was working totally fine, for months. Then I updated (30 min ago) and now it does not. My OSMC RF remote works fine, but it seems that maybe IR has been turned off or reset, or something else decidedly silly.

Any ideas, gurus?

Any logs?

same problem here

http://paste.osmc.io/gojepodelo

I’m having the same issue, but using the latest test build with Kodi 17 on a first generation Apple TV with white Apple TV remote.
With the latest stable version of OSMC everything works fine.
Button presses are registered by the device, as the front led blinks orange every time I press a button; also running atvclient manually from terminal correctly shows all key pressed.
If necessary I can attach a log.
P.S. I posted here as the topic seemed to point to a general issue with remotes and upgrades, but maybe I should open a topic in the Apple TV section?

Then it’s not the same issue.

Yes please.

Yes please.

1 Like

@Painkiller88 you aren’t having the same problem as you are not using a remote directly with your Vero, you are using your TV remote using CEC.

We will need to see a debug log, please follow the instructions in the post linked below.

I use the logitech harmony and i also have the original remote, i don’t use my TV remote.

I have done this command via ssh “grab-logs -A” because i can’t access myosmc without the remote.

what is the command for a debug log? In this document there is no other command to do this.

Thanks

Hi

I have found the issue. In a couple of hours you will be able to update again on your Vero 2 and the issue will go away.

I’ll let you know when it’s ready

Cheers

Sam

Hi everybody,
My Harmony too isn’t working anymore after last update. Could you please let me also know when your new update is available, Sam?
Thnx
Valentijm

Hi everyone,

A couple of users have requested better DVB (TV tuner stick) support. Prior to the October update, Vero 2 had a 3.16 based backport of DVB modules. In this update, I removed this, so that I can add more modern TV tuner support at a later date. I was careful to re-add IR remote support (from drivers/media), but unfortunately missed a configuration option which meant that the latest Vero 2 update did not have this fully included.

My testing on Vero 2 normally involves CEC and the official remote, so I did not see this regression. The good news is that this is now resolved. You should be able to update via My OSMC -> Updates -> Manual Controls -> Check for Updates now.

After installing updates, My OSMC should show your version as 2016.10-2.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and let me know if you have any further problems. The fix for this took a little longer as I wanted to double check that everything will be as expected before releasing it.

Best wishes,

Sam

Hi Sam.

Update fixed the harmony remote issue.

Many thanks

Reports from here in NZ are very positive Sambo. :slight_smile: My harmony remote has resumed it’s normal usefulness.

Thank you for another teething issue recognised and tidied away without delay. You (and ancilary legends) are most excellent.

1 Like

Great to hear things are working as expected. Thanks for confirming, and once again, sorry for the inconvenience.