My remote stopped working

Hello,
My remote don’t work anymore. The battery is ok (3V). The blue light seems to work. Strangely, sometimes, without doing anything, but very rarely, it works.
I had to use a mouse attached to the vero 4K+.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Lucas

Hi,

Have your tried repairing the remote? (by holding Home and OK)

Thanks Tom.

Hello,
I didn’t know that. I just did it, but nothing happened at the screen.

Hi,

I think the blue light on the remote should flash to indicate the pair was successful. Please post some logs.

Thanks Tom.

Are you sure about that. A “dead” CR2032 is only about 0.2 volts below that so a tester that isn’t providing any load might not quite pick up if the battery is good or not. Have you tried just replacing the battery anyway.

Try another, new, battery.

1 Like

Hello, I have a debug log, but it is too large to post; how do I do ?

Reboot twice before creating logs and they won’t be of an excessive size.

And before anyone starts looking into logs: Have you inserted a new CR2032 batterie as Sam suggested? They only cost around 0.60 EUR if you buy them in a blister pack of 10.

1 Like

Hello,
I put a new battery , whose voltage is slightly above 3V.
I had the same result, nothing happens, although there is a blue light at each press.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Hello,
this is the url of the debug :
https://paste.osmc.tv/osoyapuqed

Thanks

The dongle may be defective. You should contact support@osmc.tv with your order number and reference to this post so we can resolve this for you.