My Vero4K+ just stopped working

Came down this morning and the LED was red on my box and there was no picture. Hmm had it been powered off ? So I unplugged the power and plugged it back in again but still won’t boot. And the audio from the optical out keeps making these odd clicks and stuff. I check the power supply it is still supplying 5.2V.

So what could have happened ? Is there any way to debug this when I cannot seem to power it on to a screen?

Thanks for any help.

Do you have a USB A cable?
Try removing the power supply and powering the device with that

Sam

1 Like

Powering it from a USB port ? I can do that… lemme try.

Edit… Ok that did the trick. So it is the PSU huh? Ok I can get another one of those then. It is a standard 5V 2A PSU with a 5.5mm barrel jack correct?

Hi, I have a Vero 4K and I’m having the same problem. When you tell powering from a USB port, do you mean having a standard USB A-USB A cable with a PSU and connecting to one of the USB ports of VERO? which one?

Either port is fine.
Indeed, it would be a USB-A to A cable.

Yes - that’s correct. You can open a support ticket for a new one to be sent to you.

It is a cable with both tips as USB-A, no?

I bought this in March 2017. Do I still have warranty for the PSU?

Yes

No. But we can send you a new power supply as a gesture of goodwill. Firstly, would recommend verifying boot up from a USB cable if you have one at hand.

I don’t have one, but I’ll get one and return here.