MySQL question. Hiding sources in search results?

I have MySQL setup on two Vero 4K with Aeon Nox skin. One is connected to 4K tv. The other connected to 3D HD projector. I have separate sources for 3D, HD, and 4K. Using smart playlists and custom home menu I am able to display 3D content on 3D tv and not the other. Same for 4K.

The problem is when I search for movie it searches all sources. For example one movie title could have 3 listings (HD, 4K, and 3D)
I would like 3D content to not be visible at all on non 3D TV. I’ve tried removing sources off one device but not the other but that doesn’t seem to work. Any suggestions? Ideally I would like to edit so search results only search current viewed smart playlist. Is this possible?

I don’t think there is a way to do that with global search. Removing a source from one device is only going to affect how that device does a library update. When you are running a shared library it is literally that.

The only way I can think of to get you where you want to go is a bit of a hack but it should be able to get you what you want. What you would do would be to rename the database on one of your machines (so you are then running two independent libraries) and set the second one up from scratch. Each database would only scrape from the sources you wanted them to see. You would then install Tract and use that to sync the watched status between the two databases (assuming that is important to you). The databases would both need to be updated whenever you add new content as you wouldn’t be running a ‘shared’ database anymore.

I’m not sure that solution is worse than your problem, and I don’t know if I really recommend it, but I don’t see any reason why that shouldn’t work. Unless you have more TV’s connected you could do this the same with a local database as the MySQL would become unnecessary.