MythTV and TVHeadEnd together

Hello,
I have already years runnig MythTV backend as recorder and for my brand new Vero 4 with OSMC DVB T2 tuner I tried to find the right way how to do it.

I am aware of posibilty to avoid local DVB T2 tuner and watch live TV over the net form MytTV, but my intention was to have local independent and robust solution for live TV.

In general, there is possible to enable two PVR plugins together and KODI will work with it. But in reality there is some hiccups.

1. I am not sure why, but during start, the two plugins kill whole KODI, OSMC showed sad face and restarted KODI again. I used Estuary, so I changed the skin back to original OSMC, but withou success. When I tested it with good old Confluence, all started with no problems. So my guess is - it is related to TV widgets, either to last channels, or to last recording. But I like Confluence so there is no problem for me now.

2. One tuner on TVHeadEnd is now intended for recordings, but PVR plugin for the TVHeadEnd doesnt have any option for it. But TVHeadEnd backend itself is much more flexible. I created second account inside backend, and disallowed him recordings. And this accoount I configured in KODI plugin.

This is my knowledge share for others, who perhaps, have to solve same or similar problem. OSMC is very good and we help it to be yet better. Good luck :slight_smile: