MythTV Issues on ATV

i finally got around to reinstalling the to the bare hdd, using the installer & sd image, and while it is working, it’s not getting any of the hd channels from the backend, which it did do when installed before xmas:-\

so what’s changed? my mythtv backend hasn’t…i wnder if the mythtv frontend will run on it?

i made the mistake of trying out the osmc interface…the classic is usable with only the mouse (my apple clicker’s not working as it did b4 xmas) but the osmc i/fis hopeless: scrolling w/mosue is too fast, and most screens don’t have an exit…

hwat flavor debian is this anyways? gonna try 2 find a mythtv repo…

the problem with the channels is just the numbers: no matter whether use channel#s from backend is selected or not, all i see is sequential #s, w.a.f. zero;-\

is the mythtv-dvr plugin that bad?

i just did sudo apt-get dist-upgrade and the channel#s are now correct:-)

Good to hear :slightly_smiling:

FWIW: You might be the only user currently using MythTV running on OSMC+ATV1

Cheers.

well, maybe not for long…i’ve had it on all afternoon & it’s finally hung badly, slowly buffering on a rewind while backend msgs flashed:-\ ssh is hung, too…and the jerkiness is quite annoying:-\

Hi there!
To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. MOST IMPORTANTLY, you need to provide DIAGNOSTIC LOGS so we can diagnose the problem. If you don’t supply logs, we can’t help you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

Thanks! :+1::laughing::point_up:

after i was able to ssh in, i bounced it to upload logs…hope that didn’t step on the logs from the stall…
http://paste.osmc.io/disetusiko

nope, ends just after the problem started right around 20:30, when the program i had paused ended & it hung buffering.

btw, it also crashed earlier this afternoon while attempting to display a photo on and nfs mount:
<path pathversion="1">nfs://10.0.1.206/backup4tB/Users/Shared/Pictures/</path>