/MyVideos107.db No such file or directory

Hi. My NAS has finally given up the ghost. Everything vital in terms of media had been moved to a self powered USB drive and I’m in the process of remaking the sources to point to the various folders on that but assumed it would be best to delete the library and rescan (there’s not a huge amount of material). I found the following instructions on deleting the library from an earlier post;

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
rm ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos107.db
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

but the 2nd line returns;

cannot remove ‘/root/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos107.db’: No such file or directory

have I used an outdated command or am I, as usual, missing something?

The Database version changes with Kodi updates. Current one is MyVideos116.db
you can find out what you have with ls .kodi/userdata/Database/

1 Like

thanks for the quick reply. I’ve tried your suggested; ls .kodi/userdata/Database/
unfortunately this returns; ‘Cannot access. No such file or directory’
(The dying NAS seemed to ‘upset’ the Vero - a constant on screen top right message saying ‘Preparing’ followed by parts of the home screen menus disappearing or becoming unresponsive so I’d restored to a slightly earlier update and eventually found deleting the sources from the fstab listing seemed to make it happy again - guess I may have damaged something?)

cannot remove ‘/root/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos107.db’: No such file or directory

Root??

1 Like

@dillthedog had a good spot, seems you are logged in as root instead of osmc.

Either login as osmc or use ls /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Database/

1 Like

Knew it would be me! Thanks, I’ll do that after work.