NAS no longer readable

Hi all. I have a Vero 4k and QNAP 251+ NAS both of which were playing fine for the last few months. A few days ago my local network went down for a few hours, and since then I haven’t been able the get the Vero to ‘see’ the Nas.

I have got my iMac accessing the NAS, and my tvs can access Plex on the Nas without issue, it’s just the vero.

I have tried adding the source again with no luck, however, when I got to file manager > movies (2) I can see all the movies (as a list) and play them back. What I can’t seem to do is make this the ‘source’ for my movies wall/ interface.

Any ideas?

That sounds like your library may be corrupted.

If you can access the files on the NAS from the Vero 4K then the connectivity should be fine.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Hi Sam. I have now managed to resolve it. I cleared all the existing connections and library, connected directly to the IP address again, put my passwords in, and it now works. Not sure the Vero was at fault. Just needed spring clean and restart.