NAS script works in Vero 4k but not in Vero 4K+

NAS script works in Vero 4k but not in Vero 4K+

sudo mount -t cifs -o username=admin,password=[real password in brackets] //192.168.87.xxx/share Movies

Please help this poor Linux Noob!

You mean you enter also the brackets [] or you just use =RealPassword

What do you mean with NAS Script just issuing the below mount command?

I suggest to install smbclient and test connectivity
sudo apt-get install smbclient
smbclient -L 192.168.87.xxx

Thanks for the quick replies and suggestions
Refreshed Vero 4K with OSMC media creation tool and latest image, now SSH says Connection Refused.
I enabled SSH on startup, found it disabled in Services/Control, re-enabled it, still unable to connect.

It’s a stumper. Using Terminal in Mac Pro, Windows 10 or Macbook

Are you sure the IP Adresse is correct?
Maybe upload logs via MyOSMC Log Uploader to see if we can spot a problem

Confirmed IP address with System Info and FING, applied Kodi update, enabled debugging and rebooted, still getting Connection Refused.

Also getting zero helpful directions on how to get log files without an ssl link in search or wiki.

Grrrrr

Hi,

Why would you want them without the ssl? If you have generated logs, please the link with https?

Thanks Tom.

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

While the HELPFUL provided wiki page got me the how-to on getting and saving/sending Log Files, and none appeared to be sent to SD card or a link I decided to flash another new instance of OSMC on the Vero 4K+ with the osmc-installer app and the OSMC_TGT_vero3_20210808.img.gz from the OSMC site.

FASCINATING! The MyOSMC Settings reported SSH Server (running)
Kodi/Settings/Services/Control reported Enable SSL is NOT Enabled!

Since SSH would not work after I had customized (customised for Brits?) the instance and calibrated the screen, I stopped after basic setup and sure enough SSL worked!

Perhaps the switch reporting SSL as Not Enabled turns SSL OFF when you switch it to On??!!??

Does this qualify as a BUG?

Thanks for all the help!

I don’t really understand what you are saying with SSH and SSL, they are entirely different things used for different purposes.

SSH gives you command line access to the system (and ability to copy files using SCP) whereas SSL is used for the built-in webserver, you can have one without the other, you can have neither and you should be able to have both at the same time too.

What is the setup on the NAS? Is this set to only allow one incoming client ip address? does this system match that ip address?

You are talking about multiple things, a script not working, SSH being disabled and something about SSL, can you please isolate your issues and work on one at a time, i’d suggest working on SSH first.

For a freshly imaged system the username/password will be osmc/osmc are you trying to log in using your old password?

2 Likes

jb2, sorry to have been unclear! Yes SSH is enabled by default on the freshly re-imaged and I use the terminal command “Ssh osmc@192.168.87.xxx” (xxx is replaced with the actual IP)

I am changing the default password on first login as normal.

I discovered through a ton of trial and error attempts that the new Vero 4K+ just needed sudo at the beginning of the script that the older Vero does not