Need alpha-testers for moonlight on Vero 4/5

Hi @joakim_s, I have a Vero V and am currently testing out Moonlight Embedded with Sunshine as alternative to Steam Remote Play. My main gripe with SRP is that it doesn’t support Linux (as game server) that well and Moonlight looks very promising together with Sunshine!

My journey has been a bumpy one, but I’ve had some success as well. Running the provided moonlight-embedded binary as-is resulted in a black screen. This comment on GitHub in particular helped me to get the basics working.

After that I looked for a Kodi addon to go with Moonlight. My luck continued, because someone had updated the old Luna addon, as mentioned in this post. I did need to make some adjustments to make it work. I hope to be able share those in a fork soon. Just to check, is GitHub - TheChoconut/Luna: Luna Script for Kodi considered the mainline source for Luna now?

As for my server hardware, it’s all AMD: Ryzen 5600X and Radeon RX 6700XT. I haven’t looked into any codecs or hardware acceleration yet. I also run usbip as a server on the Vero and as client on my game server, so that Steam recognizes the Steam Controller instead of a virtual Xbox Controller. This is all configured from the terminal, so no Kodi integration or anything.

One thing I’m curious about is whether Moonlight Embedded has any performance statistics. With Moonlight QT you can press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to bring up a stats overlay, but evidently this doesn’t work in Embedded. Did you find out anything about this?

If I need to test anything in particular, please let me know.