Need help with OSMC installation

Okay, I am right now installing this image on the SD card, once done I will power up the Pi using the Nokia charger and update you.

Why aren’t you installing OSMC_TGT_rbp1_20160306.img!!! There is nothing wrong with the current images… I’m personally installing this on a Pi1 now without issue.

Hey I hit the limit for how many new posts I can make in a day. hence created a new username!
That said the swap helped… the splash screen was on for a second and then OSMC screen displayed with installing files progress bar… its been done now…

I went with the older version cause I thought the newer ones were corrupted. Now I know the installer was not the issue my power source…

I am on this screen now…

Great… Use MyOSMC to upgrade to current. I’ve resolved the issue on your user post count. Please go back to that user and this second user will be removed.

ActionA thanks for qucik replies… I am back to the regular launch screen… now to update to OSMC_TGT_rbp1_20160306.img image do I need to do it on my laptop or can it be done from Pi itself? Once that’s done I would some guidance on how to map my drives back.

Thanks!!!

This…

And please go back to your original user so I can de-clutter and remove notsohappy

ActionA Sorry for the delayed response. I was not able to post using my first account as it still required me to wait. I am all set from the installation point; thanks for your quick replies and effective troubleshooting. Couple of questions;

1. Should I worry about changing the power adapter? Or the Nokia one with 1.3A output would be sufficient?

2. What changes do I need to make so that I can use my TV remote to navigate? When even I switch to kodi it says CEC adapter not working and I know this has something to do with remote not working. FYI this issue is not new; with my old install too the remote did not work. It used to work earlier but stopped and with the fresh install too its not working.

Thanks,
HI

1. Any power supply that doesn’t result in a small rainbow square in the top right of your screen should be sufficient.

2. Try this for the CEC issue. http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi_FAQ#TV_is_not_detected_unless_powered_on_first

Will do thanks!!