Need some help with lirc + Comcast/xfinity remote

I’ve been trying, and failing, to create a working lircd.conf file with irrecord for about 2 hours now.

I was forced to use raw mode or else it kept saying something went wrong. When I finished recording in raw mode and started lircd_helper back up here is the results of me pressing 4 of the 6 keys I just recorded as KEY_LEFT, KEY_RIGHT, KEY_DOWN, KEY_OK:

160 0 KEY_OK linux-input-layer
160 1 KEY_OK linux-input-layer
160 2 KEY_OK linux-input-layer
160 0 KEY_OK_UP linux-input-layer

This latest recording was done in the dark. I’m using a home-made IR receiver connected to 3.3v and this remote:

I would be curious if you are actually getting data off your receiver. What receiver are you using? You indicated that it was home-made so I am assuming that you have simply connected an IR receiver to the GPIO pins.

A couple of things in that case, have you placed the proper overlay in your config.txt file (with the correct GPIO pins defined)?

Also, does your IR receiver require 3.3v or 5v (I have found that it varies based on the specific model of receiver used). One simple test that I have tried is to place an LED on the output side of the IR receiver to see if I get pulsing when I push a button. This way, at least I know if I am sending data into the Pi.

Normally, I receive the something goes wrong when nothing is being received by the Pi, either because the receiver is not generating a good signal or not into the right pin.

Good Luck - Barry

Which IR chip are you using? Are you using Ethernet or wifi?

I had trouble with some chips that were sensitive to a very clean power supply (which I gather the RPi does not provide) and did not work well with Ethernet cable removed. Ended up using TSOP38238 successfully.

I’m using the TSOP34838 which is apparently rated for 2.5v-5.5v. I basically followed this youtube video to build it. It showed it using the 3.3v pin in the video so that’s how I hooked it up.

The only thing I did in the My OSMC > Pi Config is to turn on Enable LIRC GPIO support and my receiver was recognized thus:

[    5.106849] lirc_rpi: auto-detected active low receiver on GPIO pin 18
[    5.107168] lirc_rpi lirc_rpi: lirc_dev: driver lirc_rpi registered at minor = 0
[    5.107180] lirc_rpi: driver registered!

Everything else is set to default. If anyone wants to take a look at my most recent attempt to create an lircd.conf I put it in a pastie.

Update: I just tried programming a WDTV remote and everything worked fine. Didn’t have to force raw mode and the resulting .conf worked perfectly. Seems there’s a problem using the Comcast remote. If anyone has any ideas I’d appreciate it.

Update 2: Just found a guy having the same problem as me and he seems to have found a solution here. Will test and get back to you once I figure out how to use the “XMP template”. Nope, didn’t work.