Netflix doesnt work

Hi all,

my apple TV just crashed so i had to search for an other way to watch netflix.

I tryed to install netflix on my Vero 4k, Kodi 18.3. (update/upgrade done)

I used several guides for installtion but nothing worked for me.

There are two issues i have.

If I try to open the netflix-addon-repository i get the error: " could not connect to netflix addon repository"

if i download the netflix addon directly via zip and install it, i get the error “Error, view Log”

This is the log:
"
2019-07-07 20:11:22.786 T:3438432992 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<–
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type ‘exceptions.ImportError’>
Error Contents: No module named Cryptodome.Random
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/addon.py”, line 27, in
import resources.lib.navigation.player as player
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/navigation/player.py”, line 15, in
from resources.lib.services.playback import get_timeline_markers
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/init.py”, line 6, in
from .msl.http_server import MSLTCPServer
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/http_server.py”, line 17, in
from .msl_handler import MSLHandler
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/msl_handler.py”, line 22, in
from .request_builder import MSLRequestBuilder
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/request_builder.py”, line 23, in
from .default_crypto import DefaultMSLCrypto as MSLCrypto
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/default_crypto.py”, line 7, in
from Cryptodome.Random import get_random_bytes
ImportError: No module named Cryptodome.Random
–>End of Python script error report<–
2019-07-07 20:11:22.956 T:3446825696 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflix/
2019-07-07 20:11:22.981 T:4065509376 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflix/) failed
"

I am no expert but I try hard… with no result.

I please you to help me. I even watched some youtube guides to prove that I am not a total idiot.

Best regards
Jens

This is the only tutorial you should be following.

1 Like

Uninstall any netflix add-on you might have installed, run my prep-script and install the add-on from install from zip, and navigate to homefolder/addons and install plugin.video.netflix.zip

1 Like

Ok, first: Thank you. Finaly I got it.

I found your skript much earlyer some days ago but it didnt work instantly so I just walked on with other guids.

Now I tryed again and failed, BUT: I tryed again step by step an the reason why it didnt work was that I hat to use root permission for each command.

finaly I used this commandlines one by one:

sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zjoasan/netflix-install-script/master/netflix_prep_install.sh

sudo chmod +x netflix_prep_install.sh

sudo sh ./netflix_prep_install.sh

Best regards
Jens