Netflix plugin doesn't show content with OSMC Skin

hi, the netflix plugin on my vero4k+ doesn’t show any content with OSMC skin.
i can browse through the categories without problems but then when i select a category the plugin doesn’t show the content.
with other skins this doesn’t happen.
anyone have a hint?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Can you post a screenshot of the issue? Does toggling through the views help?

hi i noticed that this happens only if i open the netflix plugin from video addon widgets.
if i open the plugin from the addon browser it works fine.

Without screenshots and debug logs we cannot help you with this.

ok here the screens if i open from the widget.
first i select netflix plugin, then select the user and select for example “Meine Liste” (My List) results in a empty screen.

if i open Netflix from the Main Menu after selecting “Meine Liste” it shows the content.

Can you navigate to this screen via the second solution - opening Netflix via the main menu - and take another screenshot?

ok here…

I can see a difference there… It triggers different content types. The OSMC Skin relies on content types to offer specific views for each of them. The Netflix add-on seems to be mixing content types which I haven’t seen with any other add-on before :thinking: But I don’t really have a simple solution for this. Will think about what could be done here.

yea no problem at all… i open the plugin from main menu and it just works fine.

maybe you can find a solution looking in other skins. on another device i’m using arctic zephyr2 without this issue.

thanks for your efforts

I’ve figured it out! :+1:t2: It’s not an issue with the Netflix add-on, but with the way you’ve set the ‘Video add-ons’ widget. Try setting it through the ‘Videos’ section rather than the ‘Add-ons’ section of the widget selection dialog when customizing the main menu.

The script responsible for this customizing process seems to set a wrong content type which messes with the skin’s views, if the widget is set via the ‘Add-ons’ section of the customizing dialog (content type ‘programs’ rather than ‘videos’).

2 Likes

o yeaaaa… great it works fine now!!!
many thanks for your help

1 Like