Netgear N150 USB WiFi Adapter

Hi,
I have plugged this in and rebooted but no Wireless option is coming up in the OSMC settings.
Sam has said it depends on the chipset whether a WiFi Adapter is supported. From my googling this seems to use the RTL8192CU chipset. Is this supported if I add some extra drivers? I am a complete Linux noob so wouldn’t know how to install new drivers :frowning:
Cheers,
Andreas

8192cu is included for AppleTV

Have a search for what’s needed for hardware enablement of WiFi

Cheers

Thanks Sam,
I assume you mean to use connmanctl to enable WiFi? It only lists my wired connection and not the WiFi. When trying “enable wifi” I get “Error wifi: Method “SetProperty” with signature “sv” on interface “net.connman.Technology” doesn’t exist”.
My dmesg log is here in case it explains something:
http://paste.osmc.io/paniqatili
Cheers,
Andreas

I read somewhere that the wireless is not enabled when the Ethernet cable is plugged in. So I unplugged it but it didn’t make any difference. Wireless options still don’t appear in the My OSMC network menu
Cheers,
Andreas

From my own experience with a similar compatible WiFi dongle, I can only say that it took a long time for WiFi options to show up. Also, I think I had to disable wired network in osmc program first but not sure that made a difference actually. WiFi options showed up, eventually, after a few minutes wait.

Thank you, I will try that when I get home. I have had the ATV running for a long time without the options appearing, but I haven’t been in the actual My OSMC network screen. I hope it is as easy as that!
Cheers

Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to help. I tried with wired disabled and enabled etc
Any other suggestions to get this WiFi dongle to work are much appreciated!

Problem Solved. Found a shop selling the TP-LINK TL-WN722N as recommended by another user here. Worked straight away