New AVR - and some blank screen issues

Got my Marantz NR1711 today to hook up to my new Panny HZ980 OLED - 4K performance from the Vero is really nice.

However, as I explored my library, I found an entire series of Dr Who mkv’s that play with sound, but no picture. Couple of playback attempts recorded in the log below. The picture on the first attempt appeared briefly, then went, and the screen was totally blank (no Kodi on-screen controls etc). These have always been fine before. I switched out the Vero for a Pi, using the same HDMI cable and AVR input, and the episodes played fine. I have tried the HPD lock option (I don’t know what it does) but that did not help.

I seem to be a bit cursed with the Vero and Marantz AVR’s at present, hopefully the log will give someone some clues. I tried the special build Sam posted for my NR1603, but that did not fix it.

https://paste.osmc.tv/upafeqowak

You do indeed!

I’ll check out the logs tomorrow

Sam

Regarding the AVR issues we discussed previously: do you have an SD card / USB spare so that I can send you a version of OSMC for testing? This means you’ll be able to do some testing without disrupting your existing installation.

Thx, I have a USB stick that could be used.

Unless I’m missing something, I don’t see an attempt to play Dr Who in your logs, only an episode of ‘Porrige’

Entries for episodes “Time of Angels” and “Flesh and Stone” are in the log and played with sound but no picture. I wondered if it was a 50Hz issue so tried Porridge, that was ok.

I just changed my Kodi GUI from 1080/60 to 1080/50, and initially the GUI came back, then the screen went blank. I switched the TV input away from the AVR and then back, and and the display returned briefly. This is similar in some ways to the issues I had with the NR1603 since the March OSMC update, though with the NR1603 the blank screen had no sound, and was more random. I’ve not had any issues with 24p content via the NR1711, but 1080/50 is pretty hopeless at present.

If the build I sent you previously doesn’t help, I’m not sure how it can be related to OSMC / Vero.

Just tried the Vero direct to the TV, and all is well. Indeed because the new TV and the AVR both support eARC, I’m getting hi-res audio passthrough. But I’d prefer to run via the AVR if possible.

Let’s revisit after some changes are made to fix the previously reported issue as I have a strong feeling they will be related.

Cheers

Sam