New AVR - and some blank screen issues

I see there’s a discussion about deinterlacing. It’s something that’s been discussed before, for example: Issues with deinterlacing 1080i/50

At the time that thread was active there were definitely some issues with the hardware deinterlacing; and it still seems to be an issue now. Back then I uploaded a pair of test clips to https://collab.osmc.tv/s/XveutUz2Om7DZWh - I don’t know if they’re still available there, but I can upload them again if it’s useful. They’re 60Hz clips rather than 50, but they clearly illustrate the difference between correct and incorrect film-mode deinterlacing: they both play correctly with software decoding, but incorrectly in hardware.

If you want to test whether film-mode deinterlacing is working on 50Hz material then often a good test is to set the output to 1080p/25. Correct film-mode deinterlacing gives 25 progressive frames per second; if it’s using video-mode deinterlacing and throwing away half the resulting frames, that gives visibly jerky motion on what should be a smooth pan.