New case for Kodi 17

Are you in the US? I’d love to pick one of those off of you. You did say you made one to accommodate a small HDD, right? (I have a PiDrive from WD Labs that I’d like to put under the hood.)

Hi,
I’m located in Germany.
Might take a bit to make one and get it to you.

If you have access to a lasercutter I can give you the plans.

I do not have a pidrive. So I won’t be able to garantee a good fit, if the datatsheet and dimensions would be a bit off and I cannot try to assemble it here.

If you could supply plans and parts list, that would be awesome! Would, possibly, still be interested in purchasing one from you, as well. Do you want to post (links to plans, etc) in forum or how?

Here are the svgs for engraving and cutting.

Those plans are available for non-commercial use.
Feel free to adapt them to your needs.

Also feel free to post pictures of your creations here :slight_smile:

Download as zip:
https://github.com/mcobit/osmc_case/raw/master/OSMC_case_lasercutter_templates_mcobit.zip

Or directly from github:

I arranged it so that the files will fit on a DIN-A4 Page. Of course you can rearrange this as you like if you have a cutter with a bigger bed.

Materials have to be 3mm thick. I used 3mm MDF.

OSMC_case_01_engrave.svg:
Engrave this and leave in the cutter for cutting the next one.

OSMC_case_01_cut.svg:
Cut this from the previously engraved material.

OSMC_case_02.svg:
Cut this from a new sheet.

Additional comments:

• I am not responsible for anything you do! If you build this you need to handle mains voltage and this is very DANGEROUS! Do not build this if you don’t know what you are doing!
  • You need non-conductive spacers of 2mm height, that go between the Pi and the case.
  • Use very short screws to mount the powersupply to not damage the board inside or accidentally connect mains voltage to the screws on the outside as this would trigger a breaker!
  • Use M2.5 or M2 screws and nuts to mount the raspberry. All other screws and nuts are M3.

Partslist:
With example links to Amazon. You might be able to source the parts somewhere else cheaper.

And of course all the small bits and pieces like cables, screws, nuts, resistors etc.

Have Fun!

Very nice! Now just need to build a laser cutter :slight_smile:

Buy a cheap chinese one for $300 and put the same amount of money into it that it actually works.

Our Hackerspace did it like this.

wow I absolutely love that, great work! Never knew you could hook up 1602 lcd’s! is there a guide anywhere?

That is 44780 compatible. So just search the forum for that. There are howtos for rpi 1 and 2/3.

found this thread that details how to get it going on the first rev pi, and one of the replies seems to talk about how to get to get it running with the more recent models - is this the best guide to go for? [Howto] LCD HD44780

Just use rpi instead of raspberrypi in the configfile and use this driver:
http://sourceforge.net/p/lcdproc/patches/_discuss/thread/4c659fe3/b8f3/attachment/hd44780.so