New OSMC box on RPi3B+, TV stopped starting

I have now moved to my summer home with the newly configured OSMC media player built from scratch using an RPi3B+.
A new problem has arisen that I don’t really know if it has to do with the TV or OSMC…

Scenario:

• Start TV using its remote. After a while the screen from my Humax PVRT box shows. It is connected to HDMI1
  • Switch TV to show the OSMC screen from HDMI2
  • Navigate and play a few videos using the remote configured for OSMC.
  • Switch back to the Humax box on HDMI1
  • Watch TV, then shut off TV using its remote.
  • Next day start TV using its remote - Only It will not respond!

I have tried various tricks and the only working solution I have is this:

• Disconnect the HDMI cable to OSMC in TV end
  • Disconnect power cord to the TV
  • Wait a while (like 5-10 minutes)
  • Reconnect power cord and start TV, now working again.

Is there something in the HDMI cable connection to OSMC that can block the TV remote from starting the TV itself? If so can it be configured OFF?

Our TV here is an old 37" Sony Bravia KDL-P3000 mfg date May 2008.
It a has worked fine previous years using the earlier revisions of OSMC on an RPi2B box.
Last year I saw a similar behavior when I hooked a Chromecast unit to it. We had to disconnect Chromecast to be able to use the TV…
But I really want to have the OSMC box on line and operational this summer.

Any suggestions welcome.

Try switching the Pi to another HDMI input. I think some TVs treat the HDMI ports differently.

Does the problem occur with only one device connected (if you disconnect the Humax are things Ok with the Pi on HDMI2)?

If you leave the Pi connected and unplug the TV for this time period does the TV not turn back on? This sounds more like the kind of thing that happens with LCD’s of this age. Does the light on the TV come on but the picture stays black, or does the TV just not respond at all?

If you leave the Pi connected and unplug the TV for this time period does the TV not turn back on? This sounds more like the kind of thing that happens with LCD’s of this age.

I have not performed an exhaustive test yet…
But I had to both remove the HDMI cable from the TV and power it off by unplugging the mains and then also wait longer than a few seconds (which I tried first).
Looks like if the TV has switched into this unresponsive mode it is not sufficient to unplug the HDMI cable…

What happens is that the red standby light on the TV does not turn green no matter how one aims and pushes the power button on the remote. I.e. it remains in standby.

Will try that later when I have access to the TV and the attached equipment…

For some reason the problem has been absent for a couple of days, but this morning it reappeared again. Could not start the TV with its remote.

Disconnected the HDMI cable and tried to start the TV but no luck.
Then pulled the power line from the TV for a minute and then re-inserted it and now the TV started from the remote.
I guess it is time to invest in a newer TV?