New Router Problem

I recently replaced my old router (TP-Link Archer C7) with a newer one (TP-Link Archer C80).

Everything in my home network was working fine until I went to play my Vero 4K+.

I realized I had to redo my sources so I removed my old sources and attempted to add them fresh. I use NFS sharing via my Synology NAS.

For some reason it took hours to scan and add my content to the library. When it did, the videos were lagging and juddering. My router firmware and Vero were all updated so I was confused. I checked all the IP addresses and router settings and everything looked fine.

So I reinstalled OSMC fresh with the latest version.
Same problem.

I reinstalled an earlier version of OSMC. Same problem.

Then I hooked my old router back up and everything worked fine. The remote control commands were instant and snappy, library sources scanned and updated quickly without issue, and everything played smoothly again.

I tried plugging in the new router again, and same problem as before.

So I’m stumped. I’m not sure what sort of networking issue is happening or what router/NAS/Vero setting I need to adjust.

I don’t know how to use any command lines or do debugging or anything like that so I’m hoping the answer is obvious and I’m just missing it.

Any help would be super appreciated!

The c80 is a pretty awful device with 4MB flash and 64MB of ram, running vxworks. There’s a good chance the problem lies within the device itself.

The Archer C7 has a slower cpu but has at least 16MB flash and 128MB ram, and is widely supported by OpenWrt.

It should support a routing performance on Wifi of about 270mbs, and up to a full gigabit on wired with software flow acceleration enabled.

I’d flash openwrt on the C7 to get an uptodate device and give the c80 away or sell it.

Seems like a straightforward fix. I’ll exchange the router for an upgrade. Thanks.

1 Like

Not trivial without doing some investigations. First step (which you might could find out from the router) is to check if the Vero is connected to the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz Wifi

Just to update, I exchanged the C80 for AX55 today and everything worked like a charm again. Thanks again for the help.

I have it hardwired.