New User: Filenames and searching

I’m trying to wrap my head around searching and why it doesn’t seem to be working very well for me. I’m running a fresh install of the RPi disk image for 2/3 ( 2018.10-1). I can get some of my movie files to show up as searchable, but I seem to be at the mercy of the scraper I choose when I add a source.

My question is: Can I get all of my movies files added into the library when I update and search by file name. For example, if I search for “Rings”, I’d expect all the Lord of the Rings movies and extras to show up a search results since it’s present in a filename. I’m not interested in renaming my files to conform to a standard or requiring a scraper like the IMDB or Universal scraper to pick up my movies and decide they should be added… In fact, I’d be happier to not require a scraper for my sources. I just want to add my source, update to get my movies in, and be able to search by the names I’ve provided.

Possible I’ve hit a bug, so I’d like to rule that out and see if this scenario is even supported… And if it’s not, is there some sort of add-on I can use to support it?

Thanks,
-Tim

I think that the search uses the database, so you probably are out of luck. But it can’t hurt to check the Kodi forums:

We believe this is a Kodi issue or a specific Kodi function and as such you should look at addressing the issue there. If you do believe that this is an OSMC specific issue, please let us know.