New User

Hi,

new to the forum, I have been using android TV boxes for years running Kodi, but I am tired of the lack of support. So I am here. I am thinking of a Vero 4K but wanted to ask a few questions, hopefully they can be answered;

1. Is HDMI audio passthrough supported for DTS-HD and DD-HD (Atmos)
  2. Is X265 10bit for 1080p supported?
  3. Is X265 10bit for 4k support?
  4. Is it best to stick to a known version of Kodi? (this bugs me for the amlogic releases of Kodi)
  5. Can I have the box boot to kodi without a menu?
  6. Can I shutdown/reboot the box from within Kodi?

Thanks

Neil

Hi,

Yes.

Yes to both.

OSMC ships with a stable version of Kodi (currently Leia / v18). There are nightly builds available for Matrix (v19) for those that are more adventurous. We ship a monthly update, providing the latest stable version of Kodi at the time. For the best and simplest experience, just use the version we ship you. We will keep it up to date.

Can you elaborate a bit on this? By default, OSMC will take you straight in to Kodi. You don’t need to launch it. OSMC is not an Android system.

Yes.

Please let us know if you have any further questions

Sam

Thanks, I have never seen OSMC run, so I thought/assumed it went to a menu, or desktop style launcher first, then you started kodi.

The fact you look after the build is best for me, as this box is for my family, so I want it simple.

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil

Yes – OSMC will launch straight in to Kodi, so you won’t need to adjust anything there.

You can learn more about the update process here: Keeping your OSMC system up to date - General - OSMC

Cheers

Sam