New Vero 4K+ Crashing

Hi,

I received my new Vero 4K + this week. I plugged it in but as soon as I do anything and move around the menus, open up My OSMC etc it crashes.

I can’t get any logs from it because of this.

It is connected to an LG OLED 48CX TV. Has Ethernet connected and the Bluetooth dongle but that is all.

I reset to factory but it’s still crashes. I don’t get the unhappy face it just freezes and I have to unplug it. This happens consistently.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Craig

1 Like

Hi,

Sounds like there could be a issue with the power supply, I’m sure @sam_nazarko can rectify this.

In the mean time could you please try another power supply with the same volts & amps or you can power via a USB A to A cable.

Thanks Tom.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for responding. I tried with the power supply from my Vero 2 and the power supply that came with it. Happens with both.

Thanks

Craig

Are these specs the same? I can’t remember.

I assumed they were but the plugs are in an awkward location so I can’t check.

When you say you factory reset the device, did you reinstall OSMC from the download page?

Sam

Hi Sam,

Yes - I did a fresh install.

Thanks

Craig

Did the install succeed? You saw the warning about contents will be formatted etc.

Sam

Yep. It boots up. I set the language, location, skin etc. It all seems fine but if I navigate around into MyOsmc and trigger a backup for instance it crashes.

No unhappy face or anything it just either locks up or it causes the screen to have distorted lines across it then it goes blank.

I haven’t managed to take a photo when the screen distorts and then goes blank as it happens in a couple of seconds.

Can you let me know the order #?

I will initiate a support request on your behalf and get this solved promptly

Sam

Order #30424 (August 8, 2020)

Thanks

Craig

Thanks. I will do this shortly.

Sam

@sam_nazarko Hi Sam, I sent the unit back and followed up with a couple of emails but have heard nothing.

Did you receive the device?

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig

I’m a couple of days behind emails but should catch up on things tonight.

Odds are we’ve received it back but we don’t have any stock until next week. I’ll give you an update shortly with more details via email.

Thanks

@sam_nazarko any news on this Sam?

As covered on our website, we still don’t have any stock, but should have some soon .

Hi @sam_nazarko any news on this? I don’t see anything on the website about you being out of stock. I just went through an order (but didn’t purchase) and nothing states you are out of stock that I can see.

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig

We replenished our stock on Friday, 4th September. Any returns should be processed by end of Monday.

Sam

Thanks @sam_nazarko