New Vero 4K+ won't boot

How long have you had the device? Did you purchase it recently; or have you had it for a while?

Do you know the earliest version of OSMC that you’ve used?

The reason I ask is because a small number of users had issues getting a picture after recent changes we made.

Sam

I had trouble with the installation screen sometimes not displaying - there would be no signal going to the TV at all (no “waiting” or “error” screen, just the fallback image from the AV amp), and the Vero would appear to have crashed. Changing to a different input on the amp then back to the Vero would bring the screen back.

That was indeed an issue a couple of months ago. Hopefully fixed now; but there’s always the odd display out there

Sam

I had it for one week new out of the box, first time using it. With the latest april 2019 release everything worked ok, except for the passthrough sound. So I wanted to installl the firmware from december to test this fixes the sound issue. Device displayed please standby for minutes. So not a reciever screen but a Vero waiting screen.

The December release had an issue which could prevent the installer from displaying. The October release or newer images don’t have this issue.

Ok tried with Oktober release, with sd card. After the please standby message stayed on, I restarted the Vero 4K+ and now the installation screen is there. Related to the original sound problem, after installation, I selected pass through and 7.1 speaker layout and AML-M8AUDIO HMDI device

Now decoding sound is a little better on my Anthem mrx510 compared to the april 2019 release. Good old Dolby Digital is working, and displayed as DD 3/2 on the reciever (I have the right settings) but the hd definition formats are still displayed as PCM on the, so pass
through is not working for these formats. Vero is doing the decoding by his own? With the april 2019 release all formats where displayed as PCM on the reciever (DD included)…

DD is displayed as raw,raw,raw,raw etc… DTS HD as FL, FR, FC, LFE etc…

Can you please send us some logs so we can see your EDID and work out why you have no picture?

If you update to a newer release do you lose the signal?

Sam

You mean I have to go back to april 2019 release now?

Sorry — I thought you had no picture on the latest image.

No picture is perfect, problems with sound, pass through not working as it should.

Ok — do you have debug logs for when the passthrough doesn’t work?

Done uploading. Played a DD move and True hd 7.1. Firmware okt 2018. Anthem mrx310. DD passthrough works, DD True hd, master audio etc it doesn’t… all mkvs react like this,

You have to provide us the resultant URL when you upload logs.