New Vero V don't boot properly

Universal movie scraper or something to that effect. That is just movies though. I don’t think there is one that can source series from IMDB.

TMDb Python is the current movie scraper for that site that is found in Kodi’s repository under information providers>movie information. For series there is information providers>TV Information>TMDb TV Shows for series scraping.

Gismeteo is currently working for me. Did you make sure set set your region in the add-ons configuration page?

OK. I will test Gismeteo again.

Unfortunately, when scraping series with TMDb-TV, not all series are scraped. For example Chernobyl (2019)…although properly tagged. Is there another trick you can set?

OK. Scraping the series now works. No idea what was going on there.

I installed and configured Gismeteo Addon. However, under the “Weather” section there is no temperature displayed but 0 degrees. An error message also appears.

https://paste.osmc.tv/wosobutufi

And a second problem: The remote control often loses the signal or hangs up… it only works again by pressing the OK button several times.

Check for updates, that version is outdated

weather.gismeteo / Origin = repository.xbmc.org / Version = 0.6.3+matrix.1

OK thanks! Gismeteo now works.

However, a new problem.

I saved the series “Captain Future” on two different NAS devices. On one NAS as MKV and on the other NAS as ISO. But the series can only be scraped on one of the two NAS… for example, I scrape the Captain Future series with the ISO files… then the MKV version is suddenly displayed as not scraped. How can that be? This wasn’t a problem with the Vero 4K+.

https://paste.osmc.tv/hifelivode

A few notes on scraping. If you were previously scraping with a source other than TMDB, especially for series, do note that (annoyingly) there are frequently disparities on listings for some shows. Some of these come with the naming of shows, others with differing episode numberings, and others with specials and the fact the TMDB does not allow movies or spin-offs to be listed as anything other than. When you run across this the quickest option is to generally just go to videos>files> find the shows top level folder, bring up full screen info and then click refresh. This should give a list of choices for you to choose from if it isn’t certain it has a match. Another option is to make what is called a parsing nfo. This would be a file that for a movie would be identical to the movies file name but with the file extension “.nfo” and located in the same folder and contained the url of the page for it on TMDB web site as the only information in this text file. Ditto for a TV show but placed inside of the top level folder and named “tvshow.nfo”. With a parsing nfo it will online scrape the same as it otherwise would, but it will not be confused with similarly named shows.

As for the iso and mkv dupe I’m not exactly sure. I’d think that issue would be to do with Kodi really not liking having split series folders and that is how it would see it in the typical case. The Vero V does not handle this any different than any other Kodi client though. The regular scrape would be undesirable IMO as you would have one show listing with every episode listed twice and that isn’t ideal. I think the fix in Kodi without resorting to a file manager and having it generate nfo files would be to go to videos>files and find the folder for the mkv’s and context menu, change content, and then change the content type to none, hit okay and tell it yes remove from my library. Then go to your library to that show and information window then refresh which should get you your iso show by itself as it should be. Once you have that then in the library context menu on the show, manage, change tile, and change it to “show name iso” or whatever works for you. Now go back to videos>files and the mkv folder you set to none and now context menu>set content> and put it back to being a TV show and say yes when it asks you to refresh. Now your library should have two separate copies of this same show without the problems that you were experiencing.