New year present from Samsung for OSMC users....VERO / VERO4K and VERO4K+ now can be controlled via Samsung Remote

Finally Samsung TV Universal remote function now supports OSMC and steps as below to use this feature. This will allow you to access OSMC via Samsung Tv remote.

Step 1:
On you Samsung TV menu, select Universal remote (it’s in the Source Menu in the Smart Hub)

Step 2:
Select new Device

Step 3:
Select Blu-ray player option

Step 4: Select applicable setup (I will use TV) for these steps

Step 5: Select “Search for the brand” and type OSMC and search (it won’t return any results and this expected)

Step 6: Select View More Brands

Step 7: Select OSMC (Screen shot as below)

Step 8: Select your OSMC HDMI input and say yes to the Power Test as next you need to perform the steps in KODI.

KODI Steps:

• Go to the OSMC Settings (not the KODI settings)
  • Select the Remote
  • Load the OSMC Remote and and confirm

Important:
Given the samsung remote is IR based, make sure that IR cable came with your VERO box is connected to the vox and it’s mounted under the TV.

Now you can use your Samsung remote to control the OSMC box…

NOTE:
If you connected your OSMC box to the TV via HT system, this will still work

Step 7: Screenshot

There is an IR sensor on the front of the Veros. The IR cable is an option to use when there is not line of sight to the box itself.

2 Likes

Whats new ? I do Control my Vero 4K Since 1 Year with my normal Samsung Remote via Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) , without any update (UE40B6000)

2 Likes

Refer to below post… from 2016 onwards Samsung remotes are getting smaller and as a result hard to get a button for Context Menu as one click. IR mode allow long press button.