Newbie and Official Tecchie Thicko - Vero as server Q

Hi guys
Firstly really pleased to join you as Vero 4K owner. I have a 3TB Seagate external HD (with its own power supply) attached Via USB.
I use a MacBook exclusively and have been trying without success to set up my Vero as a media server for the rest of the house.
I have tried and spectacularly failed at trying UPnP and Samba connections.
As title of this post suggests I am an abs novice at all things IT but willing to have a go.
Just want to be able to 1) upload new files from MBP to HDD without keep unplugging it 2) Share files from Vero to rest of house
I have looked at both Wiki links and researched YouTube but can’t seem to crack it.

Any help would be most welcome (even if it’s to say try a Betamax you old B…)!

0 Likes

Did you install smb server in the MyOSMC app store?

0 Likes

Go to My OSMC -> App Store as @actiona has suggested and install Samba Server. The Mac should then see the attached hard drive.

What version of macOS do you have? Is it fairly recent?

Sam

0 Likes

Thanks folks…yes have installed samba.
Have MacBook retina 2015 running Mojave.
Really sorry need step by step instructions…:flushed:

0 Likes

To allow us to give you more detailed instructions please first upload logs via MyOSMC - Log Uploader and share the URL here

0 Likes

It should appear under Finder.

Sam

0 Likes

Hi thanks for offering to help much appreciated. I have found upload logs page one Vero but not sure where to go now?
Upload selected logs now gives me a https link but safari won’t find it. What am I selecting in the log list and how do I upload it?

0 Likes

You need to post the log here.

Thanks Tom.

0 Likes

Guys - Sorted!! Made myself go back through wiki and good old google. All up and running thanks so much for replies and putting up with tech numpty:thinking:

1 Like