NFO files names - priority?

I have two different scrapers that need different format NFO files. Library structure is one movie per directory, with the directory named as the movie and the NFO file in that directory. Beneath that is ether a DVD or Blu-Ray disc structure.

I know that OSMC/Kodi (which bit actually builds the library, I’m not clear on what is OSMC and what is Kodi or where the boundary is between them?) can use nfo files named as “movie.nfo” or [movie title].nfo, but if both are present, which does it use? Can I control that?

It’s also not clear to me (after trawling through both OSMC and Kodi forums and wiki), whether OSMC/Kodi will use the nfo files in the top level movie named directory when there is a disc structure below.

My ideal would be to have OSMC/Kodi use “movie,nfo” as my other scraper uses [movie title].nfo and all the nfo files for that already exist.

Thanks.,

We believe this is a Kodi issue or a specific Kodi function and as such you should look at addressing the issue there. We are unable to resolve your issue. If you do believe that this is an OSMC specific issue, please let us know.

Thanks, I thought it might be. Will pursue in the Kodi forums.

Always take a look to
Kodi Wiki

and
TinyMediaManager
very usefull

Thanks, I have TMM, that’s what prompted my question on the NFO file naming, since TMM can do either. Unfortunately, the NFO files it produces are not compatible with YAMJ, causing all sorts of weird errors.

I’ve also read the wiki but it’s not entirely unambiguous,

For that like ooZee write the KODI forum is better, you found a thread for TMM
https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204